Do you have enough medication to give him the full 10 day round of doses? I don't know if this helps but I've read of people using fish mox which is antibiotic for fish but actually the same stuff. Its otc where fish accessories are sold or order it online. You could order some now so it arrives before your bottle runs out. Just a thought.

Do you have enough medication to give him the full 10 day round of doses? I don't know if this helps but I've read of people using fish mox which is antibiotic for fish but actually the same stuff. Its otc where fish accessories are sold or order it online. You could order some now so it arrives before your bottle runs out. Just a thought.
Good point, might be a good idea to buy a bottle of Fish Mox.

What a turtle! Good for you! I'm cheering you on with Homer! I think he has a very good chance of pulling through this. It helps a lot that his attitude allows you to do what needs to be done! Hang in there! :hugs

Today when I was fixin him up. I really forthe first time just started feelin very positive. I think youre right! He lets me do what I need to do. He gives me no problems at all! Thank you alot. I appreciate the kind words. Def makes me feel better!

Yeah I was thinking about that I have 2 bottles of the one I posted a picture of. But my mom also has some penicillin she is gonna give me. I will find out the mg and how much tomorrow. When I find out and if its not enough I will def look into ordering some of this. Thank you for the info! :)

May I suggest that you not switch from amoxicillin to penicillin? Of the two, the amoxicillin is the better antibiotic, so if I were you, I would give that.
Okay. Then I will stick with the Amoxicillin. Idk if my mom has amoxicillin if not I'll order some of the fish stuff. Thanks everyone for all the help. I appreciate all the pointers. I dont know much about chickens at all, especially when they're sick. So I'm glad I came to the right place. :)

Okay. Then I will stick with the Amoxicillin. Idk if my mom has amoxicillin if not I'll order some of the fish stuff. Thanks everyone for all the help. I appreciate all the pointers. I dont know much about chickens at all, especially when they're sick. So I'm glad I came to the right place. :)
I'm so glad Homer is doing well and that he has such a wonderful guardian angel looking out for him. Keep us posted. Been thinking about him all day. So glad he's a cooperative patient and takes his meds no problem.

I'm so glad Homer is doing well and that he has such a wonderful guardian angel looking out for him. Keep us posted. Been thinking about him all day. So glad he's a cooperative patient and takes his meds no problem.

Thank you very much! I will def keep updates and I'm sure I'll be back with questions. I need to have more patients like Homer, I been freakin out over his poor foot way more than him. Hes so calm and just goes with the flow. I knew I liked him back when he was a little grey fluffy peep.:)

Back
Top Bottom