I just read through this whole thread for the first time and you are doing a wonderful job with Homer! That foot looks extremely painful. I’m certain he understands and appreciated that you are helping him. Please keep us posted on his progress.

Thank you for taking the time to read! I appreciate that. I will be back with updates and questions im sure! Thank you again I'm doing what I can and idk where I'd be without everyone here, I never knew there would be a social media for people who love chickens, but I'm glad there is. :)

So, @Chelsrose , when are you going to get some chickens of your own!? :oops::yesss:

I promise that it's not usually THIS hard! And you've already faced some of the worst of chicken keeping and you were a freaking rockstar about it! Mostly they just need a dry, clean chicken house and good feed and water and they'll reward you with delicious eggs and adorable chicken love! :love

Come over to the darkside! :wee

So, @Chelsrose , when are you going to get some chickens of your own!? :oops::yesss:

I promise that it's not usually THIS hard! And you've already faced some of the worst of chicken keeping and you were a freaking rockstar about it! Mostly they just need a dry, clean chicken house and good feed and water and they'll reward you with delicious eggs and adorable chicken love! :love

Come over to the darkside! :wee

Lol! I always been around chickens growing up, I never thought I'd have feelings for a chicken or worry about one till Homer. I actually want to ask my in laws if I can just adopt him. He's my buddy now. Idk what they'll say though. I just might get some little peeps this summer. I think the kids would love that too.:) I told my MIL if Homer don't start getting better after the antibiotics and me trying to get the infection out that I was gonna take him home and out him in my basement till he gets better. I already have it planned out.. Then when he gets better I just wont take him back. haha. Idk we will see. She was okay with me taking him home though.

Lol! I always been around chickens growing up, I never thought I'd have feelings for a chicken or worry about one till Homer. I actually want to ask my in laws if I can just adopt him. He's my buddy now. Idk what they'll say though. I just might get some little peeps this summer. I think the kids would love that too.:) I told my MIL if Homer don't start getting better after the antibiotics and me trying to get the infection out that I was gonna take him home and out him in my basement till he gets better. I already have it planned out.. Then when he gets better I just wont take him back. haha. Idk we will see. She was okay with me taking him home though.

Even with the abx it's going to be a process getting him healed up so I think your plan is great! Homer will need some ladies to look after when he's well again, though :oops::jumpy:yesss:

Glad you've joined the Crazy Chicken Lady club! :highfive::ya

Back
Top Bottom