Something fishy?

sethsleader

Songster
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Portreath
As my husbands a keen angler, I get alot of fresh fish. I have a bit of Ling loin left its raw would my peeps like it or would it harm them? My friend says that you shouldn't feed chickens meat but you guys are alot more in the know!! Please help
hmm.png

oh my chicken, my husband and i was talking about this at 4 this morning. he and his uncles, cousins, and any other redneck that comes around here run catfish nets. so he was talking about taking the catfish bones letting them dry out and grinding them up with their feed. i didn't think about feeding them the meat. but i have learned over the past few days that chickens are buzzards and will eat anything.

i feed them worms that the boys dig up, I know I shouldn't worry but my girls are everything to me (aswell as the kids and hubby) and I'd hate it if I did something wrong:( Ive had the girls for 5 weeks they weren't expensive. Just something to learn on!! Little did I know that they would get me completly obcessed!!
lol.png

Fish is perfectly okay!!!!

We feed a mainly raw diet to our dogs, and you'd better believe we have some begging little chickens when we feed them fish we've caught. Haven't noticed a change in the taste of eggs either.

I think she might be, I thought it was a bit odd as in the wild they eat all sorts of bugs and I never heard of a chicken lighting itself a fire to cook them on first!!
ya.gif
Thanks for all the help, they devoured the fish in seconds!

Back
Top Bottom