Something funny. Does your rooster do this?

Devils Flower

Songster
Mar 20, 2021
Area 51
I have 2 beautiful roosters. One of them is so much in love with one hen that every time she does her egg laying call he mimics her. The first time I herd him scared me I thought somthing was wrong with him or something had a hold of him but everything was good once I realized what was going on. 🥰 His name is Roscoe. He is a gentle giant. He is almost 2 years old. He's a good buddy/friend of mine.
20210324_100708.jpg
20210324_100659.jpg

Both of my Silkie roosters do that for their favorite hens. I always call them drama queens for it because they seem more worked up about the egg being laid than the hens who laid them are! 🤣

Also, Roscoe is so handsome! :love I have a Roscoe, too, but mine is a Cochin bantam, so quite the contrast to your guy in regards to stature! 😁

Yeah 😂, my rooster does that too! Ive got one hen that can't figure out the whole nesting box thing and lays her eggs in the seat of my tractor. He sits on the steering wheel and waits for her whenever she's laying.

Also, does anybodies roosters try to lay eggs?😂 My rooster tries all sorts of places and just sits down like he's laying an egg for like 10 min at a time. Sometimes he will go sit on eggs my hens lay for a bit. He's a sweet rooster but acts weird sometimes:lau

I have 2 beautiful roosters. One of them is so much in love with one hen that every time she does her egg laying call he mimics her. The first time I herd him scared me I thought somthing was wrong with him or something had a hold of him but everything was good once I realized what was going on. 🥰 His name is Roscoe. He is a gentle giant. He is almost 2 years old. He's a good buddy/friend of mine. View attachment 2583176View attachment 2583139
My Bantam does that, and so does a Polish roo we have here. Lol. It is surprising but, it happens. Its funny to hear. My Bantam has a wierd squeak after every mimic.

Back
Top Bottom