something is wrong! *please help*

lottyloo

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 28, 2010
Ever since this little chick hatched she seems to always be tired/ her eyes close and open very slowly and often she has her eyes shut for a long time.

I have taken her away from her mother, brothers and sisters and put her in the boiler room (wood burner boiler) so its nice and warm and cozy for her to get some rest.

Could there be something wrong with her? she has been like this since birth and she is now 2months old!!

Last edited:
Yes she has been like this since born (just the eyes sutting alot) but she ha got worse and was not even moving very much. it has been cold here so i wonder if she was cold, since she has been in the basement she is alot more lively and happy.

Ive had to add her sister as she is now looking the same!! but this one wont even move to eat/drink. i havent seen her move since i brought her inside.

Hopefully they will cheer up a bit in the warmth. The others sibling of them seem to be doing ok, can see they are cold but are still lively and happy.

Her sister passed this afternoon!!
sad.png

The first one i put in is alot better, i took her down the garden for a bit of fresh air and brought her back in again. She is now with her brother because as i was watching the flock for any signs of differant behavior or signs of disease one of my huge cockerels come running to get some treats of me and he squashed him!! poor boy was just laying there with his wings out, he's walking with a limp but nothing broken. But when i was checking him over he suddenly went lethargic with his head hanging and eyes shut!!
What am i going to do, could it be a sign of disease???!!!

HELP!!

Since it was from hatching, I would guess that chick #1 has a congenital problem. possibly heart. Chick #2
idunno.gif
. Chick #3, well you know what happened to him. Good luck with this. Generally situations such as this don't end well. It's just nature's way of assuring the strength of the species.

Back
Top Bottom