May I ask what feed you are feeding?
I don't know an exact brand name, I only know it is medicated chick starter. The woman at the feed store gives it to us in a large clear bag, but I trust her completely. We've given it to all of our batches of chicks, and they all grew up to be very healthy. Is there a certain brand I should buy that would help them?

I don't know an exact brand name, I only know it is medicated chick starter. The woman at the feed store gives it to us in a large clear bag, but I trust her completely. We've given it to all of our batches of chicks, and they all grew up to be very healthy. Is there a certain brand I should buy that would help them?
I personally wound't buy a feed in anything but the original packaging so I knew exactly what was in the feed.
Will you do me a favor and ask your woman for the brand name next time you are in the store please.

I personally wound't buy a feed in anything but the original packaging so I knew exactly what was in the feed.
Will you do me a favor and ask your woman for the brand name next time you are in the store please.
Yes, we actually will have to pick up some more rabbit food on Monday. I'll ask her then.

Yes, we actually will have to pick up some more rabbit food on Monday. I'll ask her then.
Great thank you.
I am sure it is a good feed, I would just like to know the exact feed.
I highly doubt it will make a difference in your situation though.
;)

Alrighty, time for the big fat UPDATE!!

Just to be clear, this is for anyone in the future that happens to be browsing BYC with this same problem. As a beginner, I would read threads like this and wish someone had come back with an update. So here it is!!

First of all, Marguerite turned out not to be a Marguerite!! “Her” name is now Dude, and he is living happy and healthy outside with Jaqueline.

We kept feeding him small amounts of coconut oil mixed with food everyday when he was a chick, he usually wouldn’t eat very much but we kept trying. We also would clean the poo off of him and, after drying his feathers, we put Vaseline on his vent and the feathers around it.

Soon, when it was time for them to move outside, we couldn’t keep bringing him in and cleaning him so we had to just put him out there and hope for the best.

He is still alive and well today and the spunkiest little roo I’ve ever had :rolleyes:

Hope this thread has helped someone out there!!

Dude, 2019
33F4BD45-E1D2-4346-B8A7-1D07E647C63B.jpeg 7CEA0C99-9B70-4DD3-9D33-D3AEC27E6B25.jpeg

Thanks for all of you that helped :hugs

Back
Top Bottom