something stilling my chickens

sandovaljose214

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 26, 2013
Hey I need help finding out what Is taking my chickens.Every morning when I wake up and go let the chickens out I am always missing a hen. Their are no feathers any where and holes on the coop. Every time I lock my chickens up at night I always count them to make sure none of them are left outside in the cold weather. I also double check that all the coop doors are locked.but still I am always missing a hen . I got tired of it and so I dicided to put some traps out. But every morning I get up and go check the traps they are flipped over ! and they dont have the food any more ! I dont no what Is doing this but I am tired of lossing my birds.The only to preadators for chickens around her at night are racoons and coyotes. But how Is a coyote going to get in the coop when It is off the floor ? I know that a racoon would be able to climb up to the coop and open the lach but how in the world could a coon open the door get a hen and then close the door ? thats just crazy and not possible. when I went outside I took my dog with me and he was just smelling around . Well I open the coop and accors Another hen was missing. but this time It was my favorite of all my silkie. I am super mad and super sad. well the next day I went outside one of my banties was missing and all the traps were flipped over. But that Is not the only thing I found I also found a foot print of a persons shoe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I made sure It wasnt nobody of my family and It wasnt. I was super sure It was a chicken rober. So I put a lock to every door. I put the keys in the kichen and the next day when I let the chickens out the last 13 were still there. does any body no what It could of been . My gues is a person.

Back
Top Bottom