SOOO Aggravating!

I know how you feel! My mom babysits a bunch of kids and we have a few neighbors with kids too. Thy never tried messing with my chickens but they do always aggravate our dogs and horses. One kid ( on accident) flipped over one of our hamster cages and nearly killed my hamster. Everytime I go outside to train my horse, the neighbors kids come over and distract the foal. I have to explain to them that horses are dangerous. They know not to go NEAR my chickens or chicks. I would blow up. I don't put up with that stuff unless the kids was like 2. I mean, a ten year old should know not to grab and squeeze a chicken to death. I have a lot of chicks in my room
and sometimes they wander in my room when they learn how to open doors. I now just lock it though.

Last edited:
Quote:
The horses are out of reach of children, thankfully!!!!! They are only tame to me and Ken, and mostly me. They are recent rescues so there are issues with them, and I am glad those kids couldn't get to their area, because I am sure they would have!

One morning a couple of years ago I looked out my window to see a strange (unknown) 8-10 year old little girl in my horse paddock with my horses.
ep.gif

I flew out of the house and got her the heck out of there. When I asked her where she came from she told me that her mom works down the road at a Nursing Home and she came to work with her today so her mom let her come up to the see the horses.

he.gif
th.gif
hu.gif
and
barnie.gif

Good thing I stopped her before she went into the stud pasture.

I sent her off with a written note to her brilliant mama. And then went to the hardware store and bought every Equine Warning sign that they had and posted them all over the paddock.

Unsupervised kids....
idunno.gif

Quote:
DEB I hate that! We just had cabin renters next door with a 7 and 9 year old girls--I didnt want to go to work that whole week-the 7 year old was a flipping terror! I told her-her sister and both parents the birds are not here for their enjoyment or pleasure to chase! Didnt matter... they slept in while that terror threatened the lives of all my birds daily-I locked the pens-didnt stop her she took out 10lbs of feed and spread it out all over property. The 9 yr old got me the first time and told on her sister numerous times... mother didnt seem to care ( apologised though)-next day unsupervised again! I bet she didnt expect me down at my chickens hiding! I came busting out at the first glimps of her torturing them and shouted "bet you didnt expect me here-you need to go away and go back to supervision-You will not scare-feed-spray the hose at or chase one more time-stay away from my birds now"....She left for about 5 minutes and then I hear my duck running and honking that little brat was chasing it! SO I took the hose and sprayed her down! I said .."How does it feel"?-I warned her he would attack her toes if she got near him-so I let him out to "play"!!!! Should have done that days ago- yah he had toe sandwhich for breakfast!!! and she went running-they left as scheduled within and hour! bye bye brat fly! They are coming next year again too and I already pre-warned all of them I will no tolerate unsupervised children again-and I gave that girl the stink eye! I will beat anothers child! LOL,..

Quote:
Here's a simple solution.....If the chicken is in the nest, whether laying or setting, leave it the[ you insert appropriate word, here] alone. Only eggs which have been abandoned are for gathering, and only if you know that the broody hen hasn't left the nest, for food or water.

Quote:
I like your attitude. I agree with you 100%- I have 5 kids myself, but that doesnt mean I wanna deal with someone elses kid(s). My kids are well trained when it comes to the animals. The minute someone elses children show up, I let the parents AND the kids know in no uncertain terms- STAY OUT OF THE CHICKEN PEN AND PASTURE. Period, no excuses. It helps when I tell the parents that their kids will get poo AAAALLLLL over there pretty shoes, they tend to keep those kids faaarrr away from the bird area!

Sometimes I just say, 'My chickens are very rare and expensive, and I wouldnt want any accidents to happen that would cost you alot of money'. (of course they are just regular chickens, but they are very special to me, so that makes them priceless to me)

Of course I have threatened my hubby with death and other less desireable punishments if he lets ANYONE inside the coop area. Its just not allowed. So far, he's still with us
gig.gif

Y'all go about this wrong. Quit trying to be so nice...Tell them, that there is a big bad rooster out there, which will rip their face open, scratch their eyes out, and they will spend the rest of their lives, wandering around, in the dark.

Quote:
I like your attitude. I agree with you 100%- I have 5 kids myself, but that doesnt mean I wanna deal with someone elses kid(s). My kids are well trained when it comes to the animals. The minute someone elses children show up, I let the parents AND the kids know in no uncertain terms- STAY OUT OF THE CHICKEN PEN AND PASTURE. Period, no excuses. It helps when I tell the parents that their kids will get poo AAAALLLLL over there pretty shoes, they tend to keep those kids faaarrr away from the bird area!

Sometimes I just say, 'My chickens are very rare and expensive, and I wouldnt want any accidents to happen that would cost you alot of money'. (of course they are just regular chickens, but they are very special to me, so that makes them priceless to me)

Of course I have threatened my hubby with death and other less desireable punishments if he lets ANYONE inside the coop area. Its just not allowed. So far, he's still with us
gig.gif

Y'all go about this wrong. Quit trying to be so nice...Tell them, that there is a big bad rooster out there, which will rip their face open, scratch their eyes out, and they will spend the rest of their lives, wandering around, in the dark.

Now that is priceless! haha

Quote:

gig.gif

Then next time, sneak up and scream "OMG! RUN!" and toss a hen at their chest. Chicken nightmares should help the cause.

Quote:
DEB I hate that! We just had cabin renters next door with a 7 and 9 year old girls--I didnt want to go to work that whole week-the 7 year old was a flipping terror! I told her-her sister and both parents the birds are not here for their enjoyment or pleasure to chase! Didnt matter... they slept in while that terror threatened the lives of all my birds daily-I locked the pens-didnt stop her she took out 10lbs of feed and spread it out all over property. The 9 yr old got me the first time and told on her sister numerous times... mother didnt seem to care ( apologised though)-next day unsupervised again! I bet she didnt expect me down at my chickens hiding! I came busting out at the first glimps of her torturing them and shouted "bet you didnt expect me here-you need to go away and go back to supervision-You will not scare-feed-spray the hose at or chase one more time-stay away from my birds now"....She left for about 5 minutes and then I hear my duck running and honking that little brat was chasing it! SO I took the hose and sprayed her down! I said .."How does it feel"?-I warned her he would attack her toes if she got near him-so I let him out to "play"!!!! Should have done that days ago- yah he had toe sandwhich for breakfast!!! and she went running-they left as scheduled within and hour! bye bye brat fly! They are coming next year again too and I already pre-warned all of them I will no tolerate unsupervised children again-and I gave that girl the stink eye! I will beat anothers child! LOL,..

oh my. that's awful! sounds like a little spoiled brat.

Back
Top Bottom