ChickenLeg

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 15, 2012
I have purchased 12 straight run crele oegb.

Reseults: 10 females & 2 males.

Does anyone have show quality photos of crele oegb?

I really need to understand whats desired in females, but advice for males is welcome. I only have 2 males to choose from so I'm not too concerned with them atm.

NONE OF THE FOLLOWING FEMALES ARE MINE. Just here for comparison:

cb2ec1c704813cc1d6cb32829cb09233.jpg
crele_oeg_bantam_hen_1__1.jpg

We just were gifted a show quality flock of Crele OEGB (ah, the perks of having a kid in 4-H :ya) The lady who gave them to us was a show breeder for years and she said the hens should have excellent deep coloring, particularly the golden copper of their neck/hackle feathers. They are also slightly larger than the other colors for some reason. I will run out and try to get some pictures of ours; there are seven, varying ages. She did say their combs were a little too big.

Thanks! I was was curious about shafting in the breast or if it should be a solid copper. I know my males have some copper throughout, one worse than the other. I have a few females with clean chest but the others have a bit of shafting. Some have very defined barring in the females others were more blurry.

1 male and a few females have nice round heads with shorter beaks. The rest have long beaks and heads are going toward crow head. Im only keeping the 2 males and the best 4 or 5 females.

Back
Top Bottom