South Carolina

Anyone interested in some coral blue guinea eggs? We have about 4 dozen and are trying to decide what to do with them. sell, hatch, or breakfast?

Probably the last ones of the season.

as far as hatching goes we have about 50+ guineas in our flock now, so if we hatch any it will be for someone else.

we did loose 10 (mostly hens I think) to foxes this year. we think they get jumped in the afternoon while trying to lay eggs in nests in the field) but Grey court has 2 less mangie foxes. (and i do mean mangie. poor things had very little hair and scabs on their ears)

RobertH

Thanks for the welcome Moxies! I have gotten birds from Lisa, and she is terrific! Unfortunatly, she doesn't have what I am looking for this time. I left my birds when we moved here. Didn't want to bring them across state lines. I may have to get eggs shipped to rebuild my flock.........stan
I was just curious what state lines has to do with non game chickens?

New federal guidelines are for the birds, or actually against the birds.

Check out http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2011-08-11/pdf/2011-20281.pdf

Federal Interstate Movement Traceability Rule

designed to trace birds from egg to plate. supposedly to protect us, but to move birds across state lines you have to have Pulorium testing and A VETERINARY HEALTH CERTIFICATE! good luck finding a local vet to give you a certificate, let alone a small flock pulorium testing.
I dont think the feds know their chicken poop from chicken eggs.

RobertH

I was just curious what state lines has to do with non game chickens?
I was not aware of the proposed rule that KrisH posted about. I have heard and seen somethings written when I was getting my flock NPIP tested that indicated that many states did not welcome birds from other states, especially Florida. I don't remember the particulars, but I just did not feel it was worth it to possibly cause an issue........stan

Back
Top Bottom