South Carolina

I can't believe I am raising mealworms for my girls. Never did I think I could ever have worms in my house (garage) or actually want them! But I love my girls so much and they go absolutely insane for the live, juicy ones.

New Hampshires are growing up! Have gotten three eggs out of 6 hens so far. They are big chunks of chicken for sure!

And a little Thanksgiving picture for good measure!

Sorry for the poor cell phone pictures

RobertH

Robert, the Hampshires are looking awesome! How are they doing in the backyard? Ozzie is obviously only allowed out front.

If you have not seen my boys from you all, here your go.
First, this is RP, the fella I kept from last years Royal Palms from you all.

And the jake we got from you earlier this year. We call him "Jake"! LOL

I have had a ton of people wanting turkeys from me this fall. Kris said you all woudl hatch a bunch out next year so I could have plenty to sell folks. I know you will love that, Robert! I think I have only 2 girls out of all the ones I hatched out for myself, the rest are all jakes!

Robert, the Hampshires are looking awesome! How are they doing in the backyard? Ozzie is obviously only allowed out front.

If you have not seen my boys from you all, here your go.
First, this is RP, the fella I kept from last years Royal Palms from you all.

And the jake we got from you earlier this year. We call him "Jake"! LOL

I have had a ton of people wanting turkeys from me this fall. Kris said you all woudl hatch a bunch out next year so I could have plenty to sell folks. I know you will love that, Robert! I think I have only 2 girls out of all the ones I hatched out for myself, the rest are all jakes!
Love the royal palms!!!

It seems most people do. LOL I am so surprised because I do not care as much for the coloring. These are what my husband wanted so that is what I got him. I love all the turkeys, their coloring is just icing. I have some beautiful mixes from crossing the Royal Palm tom with a Tiger Bronze hen I had here. Unfortunately, I lost my pick of them from what I thought was blackhead. However, more than a week later and no one else has shown any symptoms.

My Royal Palm hen I got from someone else. I call her Barky as she talks all the time to me.

Here are some of the offspring from my RP. The 2 at the top of the photo are out of my Tiger Bronze girl that disappeared. I lost the 2nd one down from the top with what seemed like blackhead, though it is not very common in our area. The other 3 are doing great and I have another pen of pure RP and these mixes but they haven't touched the ground yet.

I need Robert and Kris to come tell me if I have boys or girls so I know what I can go ahead and sell. I fear I have more buyers than I do jakes! Because I am keeping all the girls I can for next year.

As soon as I can figure out and build a pen I want to get a tom and a few hens. I have quite a lot of chickens. I know turkeys can fly very well so trying to figure out how to keep them in. Don't want them lose to get in the neighbor's yard. I a chicken gets out, which is very seldom they never go very far from the fence line. Seems like they always want out then want back in. Funny how they can fly out but can't figure how to fly back in. Not to bright sometimes.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom