South Carolina

Quote:
I thoroughly enjoyed your visit! Glad the roo is doing ok, he sure was a calm boy sitting in your car. So Amy Nadine - were my guineas loud?
lau.gif
I'm sorry guys, I really love my guineas. And I have quite a few. My neighbor doesn't like them, he was chasing them out of his yard (not my guineas, the other neighbors guineas, mine stay at home like good birds). Anyway, he called the exterminator out to spray/dust or whatever they do to the fire ants. The bug guy told him they'd come back, the only way to get rid of them for good is to get GUINEAS!!!!
lau.gif
My neighbor then wanted some of my guineas but I wouldn't share them with him cause I'd already seen him be mean to the others. If he'd left well enough alone, the other guineas would have taken care of his yard and he could have just "borrowed" them for awhile.

Joycats wrote:

Dominicker3285 wrote:

Anyone close have an EE/Ameraucana hen???!?? I need just 1 more, my 2 young'ins aren't old enough for mr EE yet, and only have 1 hen with him. need 1 or 2 more to fill my orders faster.

Me - I have americauna hens.

Would you be willing to meet in Columbia or Irmo?!?? fl big_smile

And if you will can I get a americauna hen and a couple of guinea hens?
fl.gif

Quote:
I have adult guineas and fertile eggs. Just let me know if you're interested. I'm not far from you, near the GSP airport.

Just let me know costs. Cause I don't think you want any roo's, which I'm overrun with. Shouldn't straight run be at least half n half?? :p

I've entertained the idea of POSSIBILITY of MAYBE having some guineas. They're just kinda noisy, but I've heard that they're better than any burglar alarm you can buy, cuz they start raisin' cane at the sight of something/someone unfamiliar. And what about having to keep them penned for a long time or otherwise they won't stay "home." I've heard that too.
idunno.gif

The ultimate say-so has to come from the wifey. She won't even let me have a couple goats if a fence in an acre or 2 for them. She says chickens are enough, and 30 at that.
lol.png
smack.gif

Heck, I've driven passed some homes that had guineas and they seemed to start raising the alarm as soon as they saw the truck approaching! They're definitely a good sentinal for warning the owner of something that doesn't belong there. I'm afraid if I had any, the neighbors would go nuts!
lol.png

Now I have heard that guineas do not take care of fire ants- that once they get bitten and discover how much it hurts, they won't eat them. So which is it, hmmmm? Because I go back and forth on getting some guineas all the time. I could talk DH into it, maybe not for this year, but next.

Back
Top Bottom