South Carolina

Quote:
gig.gif
lol.png
lau.gif

Drive by meal worm feeding!

If you wait another month they will probably all be pupae or beetles so go ahead and feed out some mealies. The beetles are probably already laying about 30 eggs a day and in another 10 weeks you should have more mealies about the size that you got from me. And it starts all over again.
D.gif

woot.gif
I was buying dried ones all the time and my dogs developed a taste for them, so now they try to sneak some when we feed the chickens. I don't think the live ones will have the same appeal, but you never know with our crazy dogs! I foresee multiple bins popping up in the home office...

WestKnollAmy - Let us know when you are selling these again. I told DH I wanted to start raising them for the flock. It does seem simple. Where do you keep them in heat of the summer?

Can I send al my roos to you then? I like your idea of separate communities!! Anyone want a Kris and Robert stock danver roo? I am told he is just going through a hormonal stage but he drew blood on my 11 yo at feeding time and tried to attack me too. I fought him off but I can't keep birds that hurt my kids! My lf roo is huge and is so sweet. This is the second bantam roo I have had that likes to show his stuff. Must be a Napoleon complex??
I live in the upstate and we have TONS of squirrels and crows. They don't really cause a problem here. And woods, well that's all I have!! I myself cleared out a big patch of it this past fall. Have the roosters side done, still need to finish the hen side. I make community areas for both and all breeds together. Works the best that way. If you plan on having roosters and breeding, best to keep as many roosters together as possible. Actually the more roos you have together the better.

Can I send al my roos to you then? I like your idea of separate communities!!
Anyone want a Kris and Robert stock danver roo? I am told he is just going through a hormonal stage but he drew blood on my 11 yo at feeding time and tried to attack me too. I fought him off but I can't keep birds that hurt my kids! My lf roo is huge and is so sweet. This is the second bantam roo I have had that likes to show his stuff. Must be a Napoleon complex??

If you had the right roos I would take them. I have 3 Pekin ducks YOU can have. I want to eat them, but DW won't let me.
rant.gif

Yeah that is the trick .... having the right roos! I have hatched for fun from my own chickens. So one roo is an EE and very pretty! One roo is a Buff Orp BLRW mix and very buff looking except with the blrw comb. I have the danver bantam roo who is beautiful but hormonal! Lastly I have a cuckoo(barred) silkie mix. He is the most interesting. He came from my white silkie/cochin mix and my buff silkie. I was quite surprised by his colors! I have taken pictures to post but keep forgetting to post them! Sorry about the ducks ... I don't want ducks! Lol! I have never eaten duck before. I thought about processing my birds but I am not sure I could do it!
If you had the right roos I would take them. I have 3 Pekin ducks YOU can have. I want to eat them, but DW won't let me. :rant
y

Back
Top Bottom