Southern 101---Explanation of all things Southern

Quote:
This makes me laugh. Some of my best menu items! You don't realize how southern you are until someone points it out LOL!!

*meaning, shoot fire I could make this in my sleep*

Last edited:
I've joked about opening a Southern Restaurant here in Oregon. I think it would be exotic food for some folks.

I planted okra in my garden this year. I have an African friend who misses it.

Quote:
Fried mullet? Is that an overpermed man's hairdo?

It is the BEST fish in the world! Need some hushpuppys and cheese grits too
smile.png

Okra rolled in cornmeal and fried until crispy brown. None of that breaded stuff like you see at restaurants or in the store. (We are growing okra in the garden even now.)

Also in the south you wave at oncoming cars. You wave at your neighbors when you see them. And you never gawk with your mouth open at people who wave at you, you wave back!

You make chick'n N dumplin's for people who are sick. Not those flat noodle kind of dumplin's, puffy doughy dumplins.

You are kind and nice to your neighbors. But if they get your dander up, they'd better look out! And if they get you plum riled up, it's on like chickens on a june bug!

Southerners are kind and generous to a fault. But cross them or be dishonest (dishonesty is a cardinal sin, don't lie or cheat us, you'll be caught, don't even try it) and you'll forever have the stigma and you'll never be trusted again.

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if you're talking to French Hen or me, but I've lived in Alabama all my life (with the exception of a 4-year Florida stint). I've just never met people like those on that show. Whew.

Back
Top Bottom