Southern NY, Dutchess county and below

celebrate.gif

I have several colors! Black, Bright pink with strands of colors, aqua (this is bright and gorgeous), grey (medium soft grey), Deep maroon, and deep maroon with multi strands, deep teal, and a dark dark olive with black sparkly threads running through.

Let me know what you want and we can meet for the trade and a cup of coffee!

We got our 2nd egg today! We found it in the nest box next to one of the golf balls. It is small and adorable.
By the way, I really like the cat litterbox that we chose for the nest box. The lid lifts right off so we can easily check inside for eggs without having to squat down and peer into the opening. It's very convenient!
45795257-ef1f-8520.jpg

thumbsup.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that finds the Purdue ads on this site funny.
I can see your chickens saying"Should we tell her we don't play golf?"

Am I the only one that finds the Purdue ads on this site funny.
I can see your chickens saying"Should we tell her we don't play golf?"
They DON'T??
ep.gif

lau.gif
I don't see any ads. I don't think.
hu.gif

All I know is my chickens see my cat watching them from inside the screen door, and they have now tried to get into the house to get at him. He's now afraid to go down on the floor.

Can you see them backing the cat into a corner "Who's the chicken, now, Kitteh?" I've started to imagine them having somewhat of a thug accent. Well, just the BCM's. the others, to me, must sound like the guys from "Duck Dynasty".
lau.gif

UUUUgh. Every possible chicken illness all at one time. WTH is going on?
barnie.gif
I can't even decide which to treat first. I keep a clean coop, change my shoes, keep others out, quarantine newbies (and those are rare additions anyway), keep a close eye on them. Geesh. I imagine it is because I freerange and live next to a wetlands (so many wild birds here). Well, I am going out to see who in the flock needs what. Might be a few weeks before I get back on here. At least all of the youngins' are healthy. I think those that were dropped off in the "chicken drive by" and mingled before I could catch them and get them quarantined might have brought this in. Why do people think they are doing you a favor when they dump extra chickens in your yard (and don't even tell you about it)?
rant.gif
Add to it my father in law had a heart attack and is now at Columbia having surgery
sad.png
, we had to cancel our vacation plans for this week to attend to my mother in law (first vacation we would have in 10 years)
hit.gif
... I am a cranky pants, sorry to vent. At least we have our health, my bills are paid, and my garden is loaded with tomatoes... better to try to keep it simple I guess.

Last edited:
UUUUgh. Every possible chicken illness all at one time. WTH is going on?
barnie.gif
I can't even decide which to treat first. I keep a clean coop, change my shoes, keep others out, keep a close eye on them. Geesh. I imagine it is because I freerange and live next to a wetlands (so many wild birds here). Well, I am going out to see who in the flock needs what. Might be a few weeks before I get back on here. At least all of the youngins' are healthy. I think those that were dropped off in the "chicken drive by" and mingled before I could catch them and get them quarantined might have brought this in. Why do people think they are doing you a favor when they dump extra chickens in your yard (and don't even tell you about it)?
rant.gif
Add to it my father in law had a heart attack and is now at Columbia having surgery
sad.png
, we had to cancel our vacation plans for this week to attend to my mother in law (first vacation we would have in 10 years)
hit.gif
... I am a cranky pants, sorry to vent. At least we have our health, my bills are paid, and my garden is loaded with tomatoes... better to try to keep it simple I guess.
Oh so sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope your father in law's surgery goes well. Columbia is very good, that's where Bill Clinton went for his heart surgery I believe. Plus if you are at the one in Washington Heights you can visit the Carrot Cake lady's shop. Cake makes everything better at least for a few moments.

Back
Top Bottom