Sparrow Ministries - 01-06-2012 Cleaning room done!

Mike. I need to say this............
I know this about ministries.
Discouragement is the devils favorite tool to disrupt it.
He will use anyone he can in the church or outside the church to disrupt God's work.
Keep looking up.

People will always come along with their garbage truck trying to dump their miserable load of political correct garbage on anyone who is obedient to God's word.
Praise God for that garbage because that means your ministry is effective.
That perspective may surprise people but if one thinks on it enough they will get it.

Scripture says we should lay our treasures up in Heaven.
When I read the lyrics to this song Vince Gill wrote below it hit me like a brick.
We can only take what we give away.
Sooooooooooooooooooooo................Keep on giving!

What You Give Away

You read the business page
See how you did today
You live up on the hill
You've got a view that kills
Never wonder why

After you've counted everything you saved
Do you ever hit your knees and pray?
You know there's gonna be a judgment day
So what will you say?

[Chorus:]
No matter what you make
All that you can take
Is what you give away
What you give away

There's people on the street
Ain't got enough to eat
You just shake your head
The measure of a man is one who lends a hand
That's what my father said

So what will you say?

[Chorus]

It's what you give away

So what will you say?

No matter what you make
All that you can take
Is what you give away

You know it's not too late
It's all for Heaven's sake
What you give away
What you give away
What you give away

By VINCE GILL

Quote:
You make a very good point and it is well received. I have been around enough to know that what you have said is very true. Thanks Greg for your input and encouragement to the ministry.

God Bless!!!

Planning a new coop / cleaning /storage area for Sparrow Ministries....

Please go here and offer advice
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=365709

It has been a while since I last posted here.

We have picked up a new design for our egg cartons. They are a little more expensive but as we suspected they are more reusable than the pulp type cartons. Since we began using these cartons we have not had any "throw aways". They are easy to wipe off and don't obsorb small amounts of liquids spilled on them. Take a look at these on our facebook page
33744_dsc05425.jpg
[/url]

I feel like these cartons have a neat and much cleaner look.

God Has blessed us greatly and we continue with His work. Egg production is fair with about 2 doz eggs a day. We are currently adding a small addition(8' x 8') to the current Chicken coop while we work on they new larger coop.

We desire your prayers....

Praise the Lord and God Bless!!

It's been a while since we had any eggs to give away. For some reason my production dropped to 0 (that's ZERO) eggs for almost a month. In that time we did harvest about 12 roosters so I guess the shortening of the days, high temps and removing 12 rascals from the mix got the girls all miscombobulated.
barnie.gif
We are back to about 6-9 eggs a day from 25+/- hens.

I have about 15 or so new girls just coming into their laying season so we should be back on track soon.

I am going to switch breeds from RIR, Delawares, Rocks, etc. to all Cornish X. I want to be able to get more meat from the roosters I hatch and I am told the Cornish X hens do a good job of egg laying.

Bless ya.

Remember us as we head into winter. I tried to get the frost-free water line done but winter got here before I finished digging all the ditches. So unless by some miracle we have a warm up... then it looks like we will be carrying water all winter long. Egg production is down some but we are still holding at about 18-20 eggs per day so we are planning another egg delivery this week before Christmas.

The new building is on hold till spring but we have all the framing lumber bought and it is covered with tarps. Like most families we are suffering financial trouble and it has hindered our ability to move forward on the new building. We will trust and wait upon God that He will meet all these needs.

Praise The LORD!

May God Bless and keep you!

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=133523070004054

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom