Do you have a Speckled Sussex

• Total voters
Snowdrop is now getting close to laying and has developed a lot of excess white. thankfully she's just a super friendly pet so it's no issue here. She's an oddball though, prefers to hang out with the messy Muscovy instead of the other chickens
20210730_155846.jpg

My little Flapod is 7 weeks old! She's incredibly friendly, independent, and a fierce huntress, even at this age.
View attachment 2781460
Beautiful bird! Is she your 1st ss?
Mine are sweet, gentle birds that will freely get in my lap (first birds I've had that do that). No eggs yet-but they are squatting.
They started squats about 2 weeks ago.

She's my second. The first was a mis-sexed cockerel, whom I had to rehome. But I liked him so much, I wanted to try again! Every flock needs one! Her personality is amazing -- so friendly and fearless, the first to go after bugs and any other potential prey. At only 3 or 4 weeks, she was already stealing food away from my year-old EE, who is top hen!

Mine are 7 weeks old, 1 roo and 3 pullets. My husband named the roo foghorn, haven't named the girls yet. Every morning my daughter's sit outside their run and they come run over to get a blade of grass she pokes though the fence. The last 2 days while sitting outside I've had to bring the fly swatter and as soon foghorn sees it he comes running, they all try to catch flies but he's figured out it's a free snack if he just waits next to me, the other's are catching on so he's trying to hog them all to himself he's such a piggy lol.
20210720_140127.jpg
20210722_095010_HDR.jpg
20210730_095100.jpg
My husband brought home 12 chicks, does this baby look like a SS? They're 2 weeks old btw
20210801_022428.jpg
20210730_110711_HDR.jpg
I know there are 4 different breeds in there, 6 have the chipmunk stripes but 3 are dark brown and 3 are a lighter hazelnut brown so I'm wondering if I may have more SS than I thought... All 18 came from tractor supply, 1 store had no clue what the older 6 were, my husband knew the SS and took the last 4 and my daughter picked the Cornish cross and the gray one I suspect is a sapphire gem, then the other store that the 12 came from had labeled cards but the employee had no clue which label went to which bin so I've just been looking up breeds and comparing.

I just love SSs!

This is Joy, my current SS. She is 3 years old and the sweetest chicken I’ve ever had.
View attachment 2523460

My 3 other SSs, all passed now, but raised with Joy.

Daisy, Poppy, and Henrietta
View attachment 2523469
Ppppppppppppppppppp
View attachment 2523471
I had 2 but one recently passed sadly. She was my favorite. Im so sad about it. Anyhow, they both have combs and wattles like the middle picture, why is one so different from the others??

Back
Top Bottom