Splash Sumatra pullet or roo?

Pullet or Roo?

• Pullet

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Roo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yay that makes me so happy! Her feathers have gotten more filled. Fairly sure she’s all feathered now. And all of them are very rounded. It’s becomming easier to tell! For me at least. Now I got to post another thread on my silkie sure hoping that was is a female too! She loves birdie and I would hate to have to separate them but we can’t have a rooster unfortunately.
Can't wait for a separate Fifi thread! :love

I'm so sorry you're unable to house a roo....it's understandable why you've become concerned.

~Alex

Birdie just continues to become cuter with each passing day! :love As much as I hate to say this, the fact "her" comb appears to remain pink makes me highly suspicious. :hmm Pullets of pea-combed breeds usually don't begin developing until point of lay nears.

I understand it's not the same color variety, but here's a shot of my Sumatra's comb at about 17 -18 weeks of age for reference:
View attachment 1596223
~Alex
Would it make a difference if she’s not getting natural sunlight? I say that because her legs were yellow for the longest time and it seemed like once I got her in the sun more it changed. I’ve been working on preditor proofing their new coop though so she hasn’t been out for a while again.

I also do think it’s strange her comb is pink. It hasn’t gotten anymore pink since I’ve originally posted nor has it gotten more raised but I believe the standard calls for a black comb and beak. Not sure for the splash versions!

Can't wait for a separate Fifi thread! :love

I'm so sorry you're unable to house a roo....it's understandable why you've become concerned.

~Alex
Thanks! I actually started a Fifi thread and it was fairly decided she is a roo! I can’t have 2 Roos. I’m quite worried the first 2 babies I got will be ones I won’t be able to keep. And craigslist is already full of free show quality Roos of all breeds. Not sure who would want my feed store quality roos :hit

Thanks! I actually started a Fifi thread and it was fairly decided she is a roo! I can’t have 2 Roos. I’m quite worried the first 2 babies I got will be ones I won’t be able to keep. And craigslist is already full of free show quality Roos of all breeds. Not sure who would want my feed store quality roos :hit
Honey, if you were closer I would take Fifi. :)
I keep pet quality bantams as ambassador animals to children and special needs adults. I don't have any silkies, but both aforementioned groups of people relate well to that breed.

Honey, if you were closer I would take Fifi. :)
I keep pet quality bantams as ambassador animals to children and special needs adults. I don't have any silkies, but both aforementioned groups of people relate well to that breed.
That’s very sweet of you. I wish you were closer. I’m still hoping Birdie is a pullet but one of the other posters seem to know a lot about Sumatras! Birdie seems to have a very pullet personality though. In fact Fifi picks on Birdie now. But only time will tell what Birdie is

That’s very sweet of you. I wish you were closer. I’m still hoping Birdie is a pullet but one of the other posters seem to know a lot about Sumatras! Birdie seems to have a very pullet personality though. In fact Fifi picks on Birdie now. But only time will tell what Birdie is
Tbh, I really do believe she is a pullet.
Don't lose hope! :)

A3E0006D-6185-4F1A-8E82-68CECDAB9535.jpeg
I’ll give it another week or so before I update with more pics but just wanted to show a better example of her tail. Not sure if this shows anything. And don’t mind Fifi’s fluff in front of Birdie. At first (and from far away) I thought Fifi grew a tail similar to birdie :lau

Back
Top Bottom