Splayed leg make it to adulthood??

Curtnstac

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2021
Has anyone ever had a splayed leg chick make it to adulthood? I have a one that was sent to me "for free" in a chick box. Unfortunately it was already about 2wks old and i was unable to fix it. The chick is now 7wks old, eat and drinks fine and is outside with the others. He just can't get around a good. Just wondering the chances of this little one growing up and having a good life.

Can you post a picture of the chick facing forward to see the legs clearly? Does the chick seem to be gaining weight and getting enough to eat?

Can you post a picture of the chick facing forward to see the legs clearly? Does the chick seem to be gaining weight and getting enough to eat?
I don't have one facing forward but you can clearly see the leg here, 7wjs old now. The chick was 2wks old when i got it like this and i was unable to fix it. It does eat and drink just fine but not getting as big as the other chicks it was with.

Attachments

• 20231014_150329.jpg
    20231014_150329.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 17
It is impossible to see the legs in case of splay leg, a slipped tendon, or a leg bone deformity. Splay legs are usually just wide spread normal legs, and a slipped tendon or leg bone deformity can have one or both legs turned out or in. The latter 2 problems are usually not treated successfully, but splay leg may be treated in the first couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom