Splayed Leg

Wild Duck

Chirping
Sep 5, 2018
3CF037DA-C983-4953-9551-D6B226C9335C.jpeg
FCD24A2C-A702-4FA6-B62B-B2E16ACD2C26.jpeg
Hi everyone, hatched some new ducklings on the 21st. One duckling took a day longer to hatch and came out the wrong side of the egg. One foot came out kind of balled up and would seem to get better after swimming and I hoped with proper amounts of niacin plus additional poultry vitamins and electrolytes it would straighten out.
It hasn’t so I intervened, not totally sure how well I did so figured I’d post on here so some other people who care for this ducklings well being can chime in. The duckling can stand with the leg hobble on but struggles to walk. I understand that I just put the hobble on and the duckling needs to relearn how to walk but figured I’d throw it out there and hear what you guys have to say. The splayed foot is also kinda swollen, not sure if thats a normal trait of splayed feet.
If anyone can share their experience, offer advice, or reassurance I’ll be grateful, thanks!

Just looked up perosis, and that might be the problem due to swelling. This has been an issue since hatch though. Any sure indicators it’s perosis or splayed leg? Doesn’t really seem to hurt the duckling

Back
Top Bottom