Splayed Leg

Maybe trying some Epsom salt compresses on the leg for swelling and inflammation? Nice warm water and ES put the soft wash cloth in soak it good then squeeze most of the water out and wrap the leg leave till cloth starts cooling. You felt the leg and tension was in the right place? Water therapy is also good. Nice warm water. If the hobble is helping keep using it. Hopefully she’ll get her feet under her soon.

Definitely possible but I think since it came out the side of the egg rather than the air pocket that it probably happened there. By the time the duckling was fully hatched I think it was the only one in the incubator though
They don't actually come out at the top of the egg though...they come out more from the side so I don't think this has anything to do with it.

@Miss Lydia no progress, it seems when I try putting on a hobble (I don’t stick any tape to the leg or put it on tight) the leg swells more until the hobble is tight around it. The duckling seems to be starting to opt against moving at all, I’m concerned the most humane thing I can do at the point is cull it. I can’t afford to take it to the vet and I don’t have much faith they’d be able to do anything anyways

Back
Top Bottom