Starlight’s Training Adventure!

Pics
Star got a good grooming today! She is really improving on standing still in the cross ties and letting me hold her hooves for a decent amount of time! View attachment 1715243
View attachment 1715247
In the last pic you can see all of the fur that she is shedding! :lol:

(Please excuse her muddy face in the last pic. It is a pic that I took before her grooming to show how dirty she was.)
Such a cute little goober :love:love:love Any expectations on height? What are your long terms hopes and plans with Star?

She is supposed to end up at least 16 hands. Right now she is around 13 hands. My number one goal, of course is that she is a well behaved and well mannered little girl. When she is old enough I will start english riding with her. I am hoping to do a bit of eventing with her too. I do not intend on ever selling her.

She is supposed to end up at least 16 hands. Right now she is around 13 hands. My number one goal, of course is that she is a well behaved and well mannered little girl. When she is old enough I will start english riding with her. I am hoping to do a bit of eventing with her too. I do not intend on ever selling her.
*16 hands is respectable and 13 hands at 1 year... How tall is Star's dam?
**Most exciting! Will this be your first time competing? First horse in competition?
***LOL! I love that. My ol' mutt hombre is stuck with me too but that is just because I think he is cute. 'Just go where I ask, stay on the trail and quite biting your brothers butt!' are my expectations for him :lau It seems to me you would not part with any of your herd unless dynamite was involved. Me too :D

I can’t remember how tall her dam is but I know her father is 17 hands. Sugar has done a basic local walk/trot show with me but that is it. This summer I plan on taking sugar to more shows, with the main reason being for the despooking training it brings. I plan on letting star tag along to a couple of those shows too! Your expectations for hombre are pretty much the same as mine for sugar! :gig

I can’t remember how tall her dam is but I know her father is 17 hands. Sugar has done a basic local walk/trot show with me but that is it. This summer I plan on taking sugar to more shows, with the main reason being for the despooking training it brings. I plan on letting star tag along to a couple of those shows too! Your expectations for hombre are pretty much the same as mine for sugar! :gig
17 hands... hurts my neck just thinking about it. Beautiful giant. Think I would get vertigo being up that high along with hip displacement getting there... not what I used to be lol.
I guess competing is what cowboys do... Eventing is waaaay more refined. :lol:

Lol!

I am looking forward to her height though, because I mainly just ride sugar and occasionally I ride one of my trainers horses. :D
It sounds really fun and exciting getting there. So glad you are posting your adventure. You have some well kept beauties. That is always wonderful to see. :love
I see some cracks in my DH's wall against getting more horses. We more or less coerced, helped, corrupted, guilted our trainer into grabbing a bunch of pretty much rescue horses in the end. I don't know how much of my posts you followed on 'Horse Club'. Anywho. DH liked a colt from Maka. there is a mare left who needs a home and is most likely pregnant w/ Maka's baby, bad foot though so will never be much other than a mom and companion. I want the foal from the dark bay mare... and I just may be able to get it. Ya know, two foals are better than one. They would be 4-6 months apart. If so i will start a thread too instead of hyjacking anothers. :( Neat way to share and document adventures.

Back
Top Bottom