Start of Angel Wing?

I looked at it further and those feathers that area kinda bent outwards are attached to the body, not the wings so I don’t think it’s AW. Should I still wrap her to correct those feathers or will it fix itself after her first molt ?
If it was my bird, I would wrap it's wings. It is still possible that is angle wing and the feathers got caught due them sticking out. Wrapping them in their correct configuration will help as well as protect the feathers from further damage. The sooner you wrap the wings the easier it will be to fix.

At this time of year you won't likely see your duck molt it's wing feathers till next year.

I know your duck doesn't like being handled. As you treat your duck, it will likely get easier to handle. Even unsocial ducks tend to get easier to handle with time. To reduce scratches, wear clothing that will protect you, like jeans and long sleeve shirts.

I will also say, angel wing is only a cosmetic problem and does no harm to the duck. You dont necessarily need to treat.

I've thought about this quite a bit so I appreciate the update. I actually took a picture of my Pekin drake that's almost 2.5 years old. Sometimes, especially during a molt, I notice those same feathers poking out on him. I'll upload the picture in the morning/early afternoon. I personally wouldn't do anything for it. I suspect that it will lay better once the duck is fully feathered, at least that's the case with my Pekins.
I figured that, Thank you

If it was my bird, I would wrap it's wings. It is still possible that is angle wing and the feathers got caught due them sticking out. Wrapping them in their correct configuration will help as well as protect the feathers from further damage. The sooner you wrap the wings the easier it will be to fix.

At this time of year you won't likely see your duck molt it's wing feathers till next year.

I know your duck doesn't like being handled. As you treat your duck, it will likely get easier to handle. Even unsocial ducks tend to get easier to handle with time. To reduce scratches, wear clothing that will protect you, like jeans and long sleeve shirts.

I will also say, angel wing is only a cosmetic problem and does no harm to the duck. You dont necessarily need to treat.
My adults are currently molting wing feathers, but I'm not sure young ducks such as the op's would molt.

Will Do! Don’t want anyone making fun of my babies weird wings Lol

I forgot to load the picture I took of my adult. My apologies. This is Reggie. He is 2 and a half years old. He is molting so he doesn't have all of his feathers back in. My other Pekin, Honey Boo Boo, is the same way. You can see his wings are properly held tight against his body. Again, I apologize for the delay!
20211007_091831.jpg

Edited I should also add that Reggie is naturally more loosely feathered than Honey Boo Boo and also even seems more heavily feathered. This goes for his entire body. I need to get a picture of Honey Boo Boo. I believe I have one from a month ago whenever she first began to molt.

I didn't mean to cut Reggie's head out of the picture. He was walking in and out of their house while I cleaned it out. I quickly snapped the picture.

Back
Top Bottom