Started my chicken coop today!!!! Pic Heavy (maybe)

brandibaby23

Songster
10 Years
Oct 13, 2009
New Paris, Pa 15554
I just got the DH (Dear Honey) and dear brother to get materials and start building today, We have gotten many things for free from generous individuals. I will be thanking them at the completion of the coop!!! I am SO EXCITED!!!! I been wanting a coop since last summer!!!!!
So here is the first picture.......This is the space for the chickies.....
42887_chicken_coop_021.jpg

42887_chicken_coop_029.jpg

This is the floor starting.......aren't they in the Christmas spirit!!!

42887_chicken_coop_030.jpg

This is the roof going up.......Dear friend also stopped by to help!!!!!!

42887_chicken_coop_031.jpg

This is the roof done for now and the floor getting leveled. This was all done today so far and I can't get them to come in, and it is 20 degrees out there!!!!! I will update with more pictures as they get stuff done. Root them on guys!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

Yea I better do something nice or it won't get finished tomorrow!!! You know since you mentioned hot toddies, what exactly are those I asked about them the other day!!!!
big_smile.png

Half a coffee cup of boiling water, stir in a squeeze of lemon and a glob of honey (or sugar), add a shot or two of whiskey. Hot Toddy!
Wonderful for a head cold and/or sore throat. Also just for drinking on a cold night.

HA thanks I guess ya learn something new everyday!!!!
lol.png
They are still out side have almost one wall completely up!!!! We are using "skid lids" for the walls, torn apart. We got a bunch of them for free.

Ok, I gotta ask and I KNOW everyone else wants to know too.......

What room is the little window in that will now open up inside the hen house?

Inquiring minds need to know.
celebrate.gif

That is a room in the house like a work shop, our furnace is also in there, that way I can just peep out the window without going outside
big_smile.png
to check on the girls, I'm hoping the heat from that room might just give them a tab bit of heat as well, and I have an outlet right under the window on the inside in case I need light or heat out there.

nice start on the coop cant weight to see it finished:D

on a side note you can cut a dryer vent on the side of your house and add a small fan (in side the house with a trap door)
then use the heat from your house to keep them worm:cool:

Quote:
That is the window which may someday provoke this type of exchange: "All right! Who did that? No one? Then somone has left that *#*#*# window open again!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom