Starting incubation of button quail 1/20

Awww thanks for thinking bout me n the eggies. lol. Well mines that were due last night.... Well... Nothing! So I candled the air sack and wow! I saw their tiny lil beaks already had broken into the air sack and took their first breath of air. That was it though, no pipping or hatching. So after a restless night. I woke to see nothing still. So I candle again and still see them in the same position, poked through to the air sack just breathing there. So I googled online and read that they can breath in their (once in the air sack) for 48 hrs. So here we go, today should be the day!

How's are yours coming along? The darkness with air sack was what mines looked like. Then I saw the beaks poke through into the air sack and got so excited and though it was happening but 12 hrs later still not a pip. Lol

Correction... The chick has 72 hours worth of air once broken into the air sack but normally hatches with in 24 hours once in the air sack. These are for chickens though?

Ya, a few of mine have taken 48 hours before from internal pip, to zip, then to hatch. It's not normal for buttons though. My hatches are usually like popcorn (pip to hatch in like 20 minutes) I have only intervened once when the membrane was dried out and they were partially shrink-wrapped. Any updates since 5 hours ago?

Last edited:
Grrrr.... No! Lol sitting here grinding my teeth tapping my fingers and walking back and forth! Ok not that dramatic but you get the picture hahaha. When should I start worrying? In 4 hours they will be a whole day past due..

Yes it has, and thank you! I recall there have been some cold nights and temp fell below a tad bit. Which means slower growth? If I recall correctly.

Yes, slower growth. I still have good vibes from your eggs. Let hope you wake up to some fuzzy ones running around the incubator! Mine are due on Tuesday. I think I was have my nose pinned up to the incubator starting at noon tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom