Steer Names

mullers3acers

Songster
12 Years
Oct 9, 2007
la porte, In
My family has named the steers "T-Bone" and " Sir Loin Of Beef".
lau.gif
th.gif

LOL, great minds think alike......ours are T-Bone, Phil-A (filet) and Snuffy (a highland, looks like the snufalupagus from sesame street). We also have Stanley (as in paul stanley, from the band KISS) he has a brown patch over his eye that looks like a star. Now, the heiffers and cows all have nice cow names....we are weird, huh?
big_smile.png

LOL That's funny.

My parents bought a pig for slaughter a few months back and named it Bacon. Too bad the thing can't be chopped up for food until they get it fixed, so now he is like a pet.
lol.png

Here are the names of some of my daughter's show steers: Chan-Man (stupid thing would jump up in the air and kick at you!), Rowdy (took forever to halter break this one), Keystone, Kahlua, - can't think of any others right now.

We always name steers Billy and all wethers are named Jack. For the meat birds we name them after parts like drumstick, that kind of thing. Another way to name steers is by cuts like Chuck Roast, Lundy (london broil), Mr. T bone, that kind of thing.

No one is out there trying to milk Norman are they? ("I'm out there pullin and tuggin, and tuggin and pullin......") LOL, I LOVE those movies!!!
lau.gif

Also, I love everyone else's name too......clever bunch we are........
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Great names.
We have had a few good ones here too.
Our first butcher cow name was "supper time"
We have a Texas longhorn that we call "sloppy" as in sloppy joe
Our last pig name was "gunnabe" as in going to be supper.

This list could go on:D

Back
Top Bottom