Stella's Social Club

We'll I guess I could do that for Nutella! Actually they are doing very well. The pairing of Stuart and Loca and Louis and Chica is perfect with no fighting whatsoever.

I'll get out there with my camera tomorrow. I am still nursing a scab on my ear from a Loca kiss last week when I was fixing a fence panel. She took off running after a slap on the butt from me. Gotta' love that girl!

I have been drooling over the Merlerault that GFF imported from France? I put a deposit on chicks and tonight I won an auction on RBA for 6 chicks. they will be the perfect addition to crested import breeding plan. I'll have Icelandics, Brabanters, Pavlovskajas, and Merlerault. Iceland, Belgium, Russia, and France in my backyard! Here's a link to the auction. There was so much interest I thought they would go for a lot more.

http://www.rarebreedauctions.com/au...hicks-first-time-at-auction&auction_id=123349

Sorry if this post is a mess. I am on my ipad and I hate typing on it.

Way to go! Great price! Hope they make it in shipping! My rees line cream legbars I won last month didn't. :(

Oh I am so sorry Rinda. I hope you are getting replacements!

I just hope they send day olds because they need the heat and have the yolk to rely on. The ones that are a it older don't seem to fair as well in my experience. the good news is that shipments I get from Greenfire have always arrived in under 24 hours. I haven't ordered since the new postal changes which mean that 2 day priority takes 6 days! I hope overnight express is still just that. They probably won' ship for at least two weeks so I'll have lots of time to worry. :(

Last edited:
Oh I am so sorry Rinda. I hope you are getting replacements!

I just hope they send day olds because they need the heat and have the yolk to rely on. The ones that are a it older don't seem to fair as well in my experience. the good news is that shipments I get from Greenfire have always arrived in under 24 hours. I haven't ordered since the new postal changes which mean that 2 day priority takes 6 days! I hope overnight express is still just that. They probably won' ship for at least two weeks so I'll have lots of time to worry.
sad.png

They said they will, I did manage to save one pair out of the dozen, using your rubbing/blow dryer technique. We had a freak cold front in Tulsa the day they shipped them out- the high was like 80 degrees. In July!!! But since the chicks routed through Atlanta and it was hot there Jenny was afraid to send them with a heat pack.

That's amazing they come in 24 hours. My express orders from them have always taken 2-3 days. This last spring they tried 3 times to ship me spitzhauben chicks- finally they just sent me a refund after 3 boxes of dead chicks. I think two lived for about a week. If the same thing happens with the second go round with the Rees chicks I am done. Not their fault but the post just does not work well from there to here apparently. Can't fault them for trying so hard.

Interesting dishes. Is the tomato-basil pie served as an appetizer?
Apparently not since I had a slice before going to bed last night and I am eating another for breakfast! It is like a quiche or vegetable tart. I was getting ready to take photos but ate this slice instead! It is one of the hazards of food photography!

Back
Top Bottom