Stella's Social Club

Not yet Mike, I've heard a few idiots scared themselves on too-thin ice last week. One death so far, a snow-covered car found in parking lot and only a bait bucket out on the ice. There is no fish in the world worth that. Supposed to get really cold (teens) after tomorrow.
Oh, that's a shame. You'd hope people would be smarter than that.

Totally off topic but I need to talk. I'm mourning the loss of a wonderful dog, Annie, who died last week - just 6 weeks short of her 17th birthday. She was a tough little Jack Russell and she went out on her own. Just 3 days before, she was playing in the Christmas wrapping paper as she always has. She had been failing and wasn't happy about it. She took her job of watching over the family very seriously but she was mostly a "therapy dog" for my husband and got him through some rough times with depression. I'm having a very hard time with this loss and people don't seem to realize that losing a dog is like losing a family member. It takes awhile to get over it.

Annie at age 12
I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif

So bobcat, no weasel?

Just about ran over a coyote yesterday driving out of my neighborhood.

Sorry about the loss of the dog. Ours is 12 and she is getting old and grey. It will be a sad day when she is gone.

All of the kids were home at one time or another for the holidays except our son who is in Canada.

All will be on their way back to school or their homes by tomorrow morning.

We've all had the horrible flu.... taking turns. YUK

Hope you are all having a happy new year.

So bobcat, no weasel?
Hey Dar, so good to see you.

Yes, it appears it was a mother bobcat teaching it's young to hunt. Adult bobcat was taken care of, and nothing further as of yet.
fl.gif
If it was babies, they likely died with the mom gone. The wildlife biologist says we don't have weasels here, but whatever it was, was so fast you couldn't focus your eyes on it. I'm hoping to continue with no more losses! 23 chickens killed is too much!

It was a very chilly 9* on the mountain today watching my son's Nordic (cross country ski) race. The kids were nice and warm skiing, but the parents were chilly! 6+ feet of new snow made the conditions perfect!

looks like you Northern Cali folks are going to get whacked with rain and snow. the high here today is somewhere around 12 with the windchill below zero, so of course we are going ice fishing.. Quite a difference from the 80s we were fishing in just a week ago!

Last edited:
looks like you Northern Cali folks are going to get whacked with rain and snow. the high here today is somewhere around 12 with the windchill below zero, so of course we are going ice fishing.. Quite a difference from the 80s we were fishing in just a week ago!

Yep. The rain has already started and this storm is supposed to give us a lot of water. Snow in the mountains today, and last I saw for the forecast for the mountains, they are calling for 15 feet of new snow in this next storm. Avalanche warnings have already been happening.

Back
Top Bottom