Stevenson, WA PNPA show October 16-17, who's coming? Who's exhibiting?

ultasol

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
SE Washington
I am coming as an exhibitor, third time I've attended the show. Wonderful venue. I am showing mostly silkies, possibly a couple silver laced wyandottes (although they look like they might be about to moult, in which case they stay home), and geese.

I hope to see you all there. I will be either fussing over birds or at a sale table, come find me and say 'hi'.

We'll be there! With our butterscotch ducks, some Seramas, a coupla silkies, cochins etc..
smile.png
Can't wait!! Cindy and I met you last year btw
smile.png

My husband and I are coming! It will be our first poultry show, other than the few fairs and 4-H shows we have attended. We aren't entering anything at this one, just looking to see how everything works. I can't wait, it will be cool to be around other poultry nuts
lol.png
! Btw - we are looking for a few SQ black silkie hens so if anyone is attending and has any available, pm me.
wink.png

Hey lady (I forgot your name, is it Ashley??). I will have some nice hens for sale in black at some point this season, but let me give you this one piece of advice. Look at type first. Look past the foofy crest and don't worry as much about the toes (except I would avoid 4 toed) and look at toe feathering (especially middle toe).

If you are going to line breed, the cock will end up being more important. You won't be able to buy a hen as nice as one you hatch yourself, IMO. First, the reward of it being your own bird, and second the fact that breeders tend to keep the better hens.

I have a couple of gals over a year that I wouldn't show but are from great bloodlines. These gals aren't dazzlers, but they have produced a couple of the birds I'm bringing to Stevenson. One of these two gals probably will not go anywhere as long as she can still lay an egg, because I like what she's given me that much.

I'm not saying don't buy quality, but make a list of your priorities when breeding and, if on a budget, evaluate the bird starting at the top of your list.

Anyway, back to the show talk! Jean, are you going to Ventura the week after this show?

Thanks for the advice ultasol! I already have a few nice roos, and for what I am doing, the hens don't have to be spectacular. I have chicks that are about a month old and they look okay so far, but not exactly what I need. I am not necessarily planning on showing what I buy either, they will be used for breeding for now. Anyway, I just figured I would get the word out and see if anyone has what I'm looking for
smile.png

Last edited:
I may try to make it, I would love to see if I can find any Dominique breeders (especially if they had nice birds for sale!) there. If nothing else it will be a good experience, I'd love to try to be an exhibitor but I've just got too much on my plate right now to worry about making a bird ready for show
smile.png

Anyone know how to contact the PNPA for membership questions or a show catalog? Both the emails on the site came back undeliverable for me... ?

ETA.. I might have found it... Another site lists [email protected] as the contact for the PNPA, so I'll try that.

Last edited:
Cknronin, I have some nice pullets that I am 90% sure are gals, but no eggs yet. The boys have been crowing for quite some time (these are April hatch) but until it lays an egg you cannot be 100% certain. They look and act like pullets, though.

Back
Top Bottom