Sticktight Fleas

Has anyone tried advantage spot treatment on a chicken?

MOC, I love your rooster. I really wish I could find one that wasn't loud and/or a jerk. :)

Thank you! He is only 8 months old... so I'm still not sure how he will turn out personality wise... he did try to flog me today but it was the hoe he was really after as he had never seen one near him before. So hopefully that will be the only issue. He is huge... and when his spurs come in... yikes! Right now they are still pointless nubs. Lol

Sticktight fleas are common treated by removing them physically with tweezers, and then applying plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment at the sight once a week. Vaseline/petrolatum can also be used to smother the fleas, but they may still need to be removed.

Remove old beeding from coop and burn or physically move it far away. Permethrin spray is safe to use to treat coop and facilities, and lasts for 30 days.

Hi Eggcessive, i know this is an old post, but i have found some of my birds have sticktight fleas, im going to get some frontline, and vaseline their faces. can you put vaseline over their eyes? is that ok?

I will of course also get some dawn dish soap and i already have neem oil, and will spray the entire run, i guess ill do that weekly? to break the cycle?

Hi Eggcessive, i know this is an old post, but i have found some of my birds have sticktight fleas, im going to get some frontline, and vaseline their faces. can you put vaseline over their eyes? is that ok?

I will of course also get some dawn dish soap and i already have neem oil, and will spray the entire run, i guess ill do that weekly? to break the cycle?
Hi @richardfairlie :frow Welcome To BYC

I would try to pick off as many as I could with tweezers and use plain neosporin on the face instead of vaseline.

Back
Top Bottom