Sticktight Fleas

Here she is six days later. These fleas are dead and came off easily by scraping with my fingernail.
DSCN0032.JPG
DSCN0034.JPG
DSCN0036.JPG

Her comb and wattles were dry, so I applied some Neosporin.
DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG
DSCN0040.JPG
DSCN0041.JPG
DSCN0042.JPG

Last edited:
I haven't seen any on the vents, but they can be found there according to what I read.

Well, he tried to flog me today lol, luckily he is still young, even though he is huge. He still only has nubs for spurs. But I discovered why he flogged me. I had a garden hoe in my hands and he didn't like that.

Anyway, I cleaned out his coop and sprayed it good with the medicine. I let it dry good before I added bedding. Then I raked out his run and sprayed the ground. Lastly, dad held him for me while I took a Q-tip and wiped down his comb and wattles and around his ears. Surprisingly, he didn't have any under his beak/neck area. The sticktight fleas came right off. Then I sprayed near his vent and under each wing. I'll check him over good next weekend when I come back over here.

What is strange is, my dad's chickens dont have them. But they are bantam seabrights and something else and barely have any combs and wattles... so I'm wondering if my rooster just has them bc he has such a huge comb and wattles.

Back
Top Bottom