Sticky Situation Advice?

Quote:
Yes please do! I was thinking the same thing.

Also, are you sure you don't have my x husband living there with you
roll.png
That is exactally how he did things and reacted to everything. I also found out he was a tweaker, later....

I think we will ALL feel better when your "guests" are gone!

Last edited:
Quote:
You should have peeked in and told him that the lesson is, if something you are doing is headed south, you ask for help. You do it over if you screw it up.

I cannot see how you can have freeloaders living in your house, lazy, complaining, do nothing joes, especially if you could be evicted for doing it. What's the payoff for you? What good feeling do you get out of it to balance out all the bad feelings that situation generates for most people?

Maybe that's the picture that stuck in his mind, of what his place looked like, just after the flood hit.
lol.png

On the upside, you could win Ugliest Coop of the Year award.

Last edited:
Quote:
You should have peeked in and told him that the lesson is, if something you are doing is headed south, you ask for help. You do it over if you screw it up.

I cannot see how you can have freeloaders living in your house, lazy, complaining, do nothing joes, especially if you could be evicted for doing it. What's the payoff for you? What good feeling do you get out of it to balance out all the bad feelings that situation generates for most people?

There is no payoff for me. I will risk eviction for the homeless, no problem. I won't risk it for a coop, though. I am pretty 99% certain that them staying with me won't be a problem. It was a natural disaster that left tens of thousand homeless and it happened only a few streets away... it's kinda expected. Maybe I don't get a 'good feeling' right now because I was having a hard time with them... but I don't help people for good feelings. I help people to help people.
hmm.png

You might be right there, Royd!! hahaha

Quote:
You're right. I used to run a shop, building aluminum greenhouses...We hired one young man, who was addicted to crack or coke...One day, I told him to package up something small, about 2' cubed. We had plenty of actual packaging cardboard. It just needed to be cut, bent and taped...I walked out and saw the box, looking like a patchwork quilt, about 20 pieces of cardboard, taped together...Needless to say, I came unglued.

Last edited:
Quote:
You're right. I used to run a shop, building aluminum greenhouses...We hired one young man, who was addicted to crack or coke...One day, I told him to package up something small, about 2' cubed. We had plenty of actual packaging cardboard. It just needed to be cut, bent and taped...I walked out and saw the box, looking like a patchwork quilt, about 20 pieces of cardboard, taped together...Needless to say, I came unglued.

hmm.png
Okay then, what do I do? Check his room when he's gone? Ask him? lol

Look, he's doing fine other than bizarre building. Afer our talk he's helping more and so is the girl. Hubby is building the new coop today, I'm going out for lunch with my girlfriend, the other two are outside cleaning the kitchen...s'all good.

If I suspect further drug use, I'll inquire. I don't want to throw him out. When he came to me he was about to move into a tent into someone's backyard.. or go back to his old home. Y'know, the one with no walls or electricity. I wasn't going to allow that and he's really not so bad other than lazy and a crap builder, so far.

elizabethbinary; you crack me up...I hope all goes smoothly from now on and I'm glad you are such a good, positive person. There needs to be more people like you in the world and I really do mean that...

Hey,I've been reading all of this and I'm very happy for you that things are going better now than before.I think that part of the whole problem is they feel displaced and their routine is all messed up.Now I'm not defending them just making observations.
They definitely should be doing their share of the household chores.For them to be on the Internet is very disrespectful.
It makes me think of one of my friends situation.She and her husband decided to separate but he continued to live in the home.She felt sorry for him because he didn't have a place to go.After a few months she quit feeling sorry for him so she had the service to his TV removed.He was gone in a week.
thumbsup.gif

I think if you would "make the Internet unavailable", they would have time to do chores. Is there a connection you could remove but then put back for yourself? Hey,it's an ideal.

In the meantime I think you are truly a wonderful person to take this situation on.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Aww thanks ladies, that makes me feel good.

I swear I feel like such an a**h*** sometimes, y'know?

The coop isn't done... but it looks a HECK of a lot better. The roof is looking great.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom