Stupid Neighbors Pit Bull (update 2nd neighbors dog attacked person)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Well-said, kstaven, I so agree!! Owning any animal requires a strong committment and sense of responsibility. That being said, bad things could happen with even the most responsible person's animal. Who among us has never made a mistake and forgotten to lock a gate or had a weak point in a fence, etc? I'm continuously amazed at the "shoot first ask questions later" attitude. I agree that if you are in imminent danger you need to do whatever you have to do for safety's sake. But a lot of what I hear is this attitude - "My animals will be protected by lethal means whenever I choose to do so, YOUR animals will be granted no such privelege, regardless of the cirmcumstances." In other words, ME AND MY ANIMALS ARE BETTER THAN YOURS!!

Yeah, this is a rant...but sometimes I just gotta.

Okay I am going to tell you a dog is a dog is a dog....you cannot trust any animal big small large....My personal story is i have a big beautiful snarly year and a half old Golden Retriever...we got him from a very good breeder when he was 9 weeks old...he has not been mistreated ...he has been to puppy school passed grade one with flying colours...we have been to two behavourlists and the third time the breeder put him back into her pack of dogs and we came home with our retriever and a 6 year old black Lab....the black lab is more dominant to other dogs not humans...she is a sweet dog... BUT our snarly beast still growls and snaps when approached ...but he loves other dogs and will play for hours.....he's snarly to myself and family...he can be lovable and happy one moment and snarly the next....the long story short I dont trust him and when children are here he goes on leash with me....I can go on forever....but thats my two cents....and he's really good with my chickens...but I am watching him 24/7...he's our responsibility.

Sometimes it's just the dog, not the owner. My aunt and uncle had a retriever that almost tore my hand off as a kid, without so much as a warning from it. They never laid a hand on that dog, spoiled it rotten in fact.

That being said, I've also owned Rotties and Pitts that were the biggest lovable brats in the world with not so much as a fart out of line. I'm pretty strict with training rules around here. I rule this house, not the dog and she knows it. And she's fine with it.

At any rate, if that dog took a beaning to the skull and didn't even flinch, I'd be concerned. What force would it take to tear it away from a child or another small animal? After you hit it the first time and it went after the 2nd cage, I'd have let your father kill it. End of story. Bury it out back.

I hope for your sake, 'when' (not if) it comes back, you're prepared.

My DS was charged by a Black lab when he was small...it went right up to him, not on a leash of course...I got between the dog and my kid and I snarled at the dog and bared my teeth...Katie backed off...I didn't...

Then we were going to take a walk at a park and an ijit lets their Weimaraner out, no leash, again, and it goes right after my son who had his back to the dog who's getting something out of the car...I told the owner to call the dog off and she said that the dog was just interested in him...I told her to call the dog back or I'd call the cops...She finally got the dog back, but jeeze...

My sister and her ex had a German Shepherd because he wanted to be a policeman...the dog bit their daughter. HE KEPT THE DOG!!!It wasn't until Ranger bit Victoria AGAIN that he got rid of him...

We had a German Shepherd/Husky/Wolf growing up...he was the family's dog. He was put on a run when he was out and he escaped about once a month during the full moon and ran on the beach. When Lightning was tired, he came home. We interacted with him all the time...

I was bitten at work by a Mini Dachshund...
roll.png
trying to fit him for a muzzle...wonder why he needed it...

My sister's Ex bought his new wife a little Bichon and this thing is EVIL!!!It's bit the kids already, and it's gone after me...Once I told the owners that I'd feed it to the chickens they've learned to put it up when I come over...They got it because the new wife felt the need to have a baby, so she got a puppy...
ep.gif

I've never felt nervous about any dog, but that one...I wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.

I work at a petshop and see all kinds of dogs...
It's basic knowledge of pack order and that YOU need to be Top Dog that will make a sane and happy doggie household.

Poodles are meanies too! My grandmother had one that tried to bite her all the time.
Wheras I or anyone else could give it baths and everything and it acted sweet. I kicked
it once because it was biting her leg..good thing grandma didn't see me.

She was fined 50.00 for having a dog at large. She complained to another neighbor about the fee. She hadn't even noticed the dog was running free. State law, friendly dog or not.

If the dog had actually bitten me she would be put out much more as the 1st offense dog attack on a human is no more than a 5000.00 fine and no more than 3 years in prison. That is the State law.

This does not excuse paying vet bills for injured animals or hospital bills for the injured person or property damages. From what I gather chickens are listed as either personal property or pets...hard to tell because it flip flops in a few statures of the law.

Sheep kills call for double price replacement for each sheep killed by the dog. It is also strangely illegal to own, sell, transport, a dog is suspect or has killed sheep. These dogs are to be destroyed immediately. I've only seen one sheep farm here my entire life lol.

Last edited:
I love love love animals, but if I experienced something like that, and I knew the police would not act, and I felt that the dog was likely to hurt a child from my family, I would kill that dog.

I would stop making noise about it with the police because it only makes it more obvious it's you. Be smart about it, but kill that dog. To paraphrase Paul Simon, there must be 50 ways.
My 2 cents- definitely not legal advice, just MHO.

Moderation
BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BYC staff member.

Warning #3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to MUNICODE.COM and look up the code for your county or city.

It will list most of the codes under ANIMAL, and you should get answers there.
smile.png

Hope this helps, also it is a great reference site for what the codes state about fowl/chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom