Suddenly aggressive rooster - Please help

Maybe you can sit that pair of crocs in the coop or run for a while, and see what happens. I don't know if he will act differently when they are off your feet (so not moving as you walk.) But if he does attack, the crocs will not run away or fight back, and I don't think he would really hurt himself or them, so he might eventually decide that they are not a threat or challenge after all.
That sounds like it might be worth a try! I would love to watch :oops: .

So I would agree..
But when this started he would spur and bite anyone within his "biteable radius"
And now he only ever spurs me when I'm wearing the light blue crocs. No other time. No one else. Just when I or someone else is wearing those crocs. He really hates them! :lau
Time to rehome the crocs. I know you love them, they may have been your first, but there are better crocs out there that won’t cause you so much trouble.

Now here, I will disagree. I've been attacked by two males of my own throughout my life. Both did not feel comfortable approaching me, and while not scared of me, they kept a relative distance as cockerels. On the flip side, the ones that aren't scared to come near me, eat out of my hand, and even perch on my arm as cockerels, grow up to be friendly, or respectful roosters. I cannot speak for other people's experiences, but this is what mine has been
I'm assuming you invited or taught your baby roosters to jump up on your shoulder and eat out of your hand and beg for treats which is a completely normal relationship for some.Not everyone is capable of gaining their trust to such a level

Did he ever have a bad experience with those shoes?? I know Cole didn't - at all - like when I washed it and put it on the clothesline to dry. He was trying to attack it and everything.
Um, yeah. My dad stole them, and while he was being feisty, would kick Cookie away if he would try to spur him. I mean KICK him. I don't wear the shoes anymore, so it's not really a problem. I do wish my dad had never kicked him though, Cookie's a small bird and it must have really hurt him.

I'm assuming you invited or taught your baby roosters to jump up on your shoulder and eat out of your hand and beg for treats which is a completely normal relationship for some.Not everyone is capable of gaining their trust to such a level

Not all of them. Some, I did. On all of the gamefowl, and about half of the "normal" ones, they initiated interactions. We can definitely agree on the last sentence

Um, yeah. My dad stole them, and while he was being feisty, would kick Cookie away if he would try to spur him. I mean KICK him. I don't wear the shoes anymore, so it's not really a problem. I do wish my dad had never kicked him though, Cookie's a small bird and it must have really hurt him.

So he's attacking the thing that attacked him? Seems like the problem has been partly solved

That would explain a lot. A simple bad experience with those shoes could do it. Now everytime he sees those shoes he remembers and thinks about the pain that he felt from those shoes.

Back
Top Bottom