Suddenly Crooked Rooster Comb

Aunt Angus

🐓+🦆+🐐=🎪
5 Years
Jul 16, 2018
Nevada County, CA
Picotee has been inside since mid May because it was either bring him indoors (complaining neighbors) or rehome him, and all attempts at rehoming were unsuccessful. I even offered to pay someone a monthly fee to keep him!

Anyhoo, his comb has gone completely crooked since last week. He is molting.

Could this be a result of his crummy situation, or could it be a sign of illness/deficiency?

20200715_121701.jpg

(Please excuse the mess - we are in the midst of packing!)

Some of my Yokohama bantam cockerels have the same comb and the same tilt. I do not think it anything to worry about as long as the comb is plump and red; not discolored. It is a flaw in breeding stock (for Yokohamas anyway) so I won't be using them with the hens.

Some of my Yokohama bantam cockerels have the same comb and the same tilt. I do not think it anything to worry about as long as the comb is plump and red; not discolored. It is a flaw in breeding stock (for Yokohamas anyway) so I won't be using them with the hens.
That's kinda what I thought, but wanted reassurance. He's already waaaay off SOP for a Sebright. But he's a pet I got from a feed store, so it's no big deal. As long as it isn't a result of his unfortunate incarceration.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom