Suede's New Bride...Well, She Will Be Soon..

Yea, Wayne NE here is famous for their chicken festival. Thats the one that always has Letterman with the guy that wins the chicken cluckoff contest.

Well anyway, another one is a chicken flying contest. I really thought about entering her, I dont think they have too many EE's, or Americauna's around here. lol She is such a nervous nelly tho, she would probably drop straight down. Its kind of fun but I felt a lil bad for the chickens, they toss them off the roof of a small shed. Some of them obviously werent professional flyers. I think the winner only flew 22 feet and that was from a small height. Definitely not anywhere in her league, seen her go about 50 feet from standing.
I would say mine weighs about 7 lbs now, so when she lands on me, its definitely a oooompphh! if I am not expecting it.
Well anyway, didnt mean to hijack your thread...
I got the preemie babies sitting here beside me, just waiting....and waiting...

What a pretty lady! I'll have to talk to my parents about some eggs from THAT pretty pair.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I was wondering why our Ameracaunas can fly so high and so far! I thought they were just weird.
lol.png

Here are a couple of pics of Suede and Velvet today. See Velvet's big tush, LOL? She's certainly a bellbottomed lady. I've been told by the breeder that she is very "typey", meaning a great/correct example of the breed. I have high hopes for their offspring.
DCP_7877.jpg

DCP_7863.jpg

Purdy birds!!! Thanks for the eye candy! Cant wait to get some eggs from you and Julie and others!

Sandhill Preservation are sold out on these breeds this year and partly next year.....
roll.png

Amazing! It's not that easy to get them. I'm just glad I have a trio. Took me two hatches to get it-too many roosters the first time and the second hatch only gave me two chicks (porous eggs).

cynthia...yep our buff orps are our most friendly bird so put us on the list for some eggs from those beautiful blue orps! Im sure they are just as friendly.

Ill drop you an email with my details.

cheers,
aran

aran, as soon as I have your information, I'll put you in the book for spring. As far as friendliness goes, they seem skittish at first but after handling them alot, Suede and Velvet and Skye are very sweet; in fact, Suede is just like a puppy following me around.

Cynthia,

You have the prettiest birds. Y'all just make me want more and more. I'll have to rethink the suburban thing; too bad the schools are great here
hmm.png
Some day I'll have more room and more birds. I'm in love with Suede! That Skye bird will learn who her luuuuuv is.
smile.png

Karen

Back
Top Bottom