Sugerdine?

pepperismygirl

Hatching
Sep 22, 2021
Hi there! I wanted to ask if y'all had luck using Sugardine as a poultice to treat bumble foot? I just tried it tonight after a failure with the conventional methods of treatment found on the internet so we will see in the morning. Fingers crossed! She is my favorite hen and I love her very much.

Yes I have been treating awhile. I soaked w/ Epsom salts to draw out the infection and then removed the scab. I got a lot of pus & chunks but no kernel. Swelling went down for a few weeks and now is back again. She started limping. So again back to soaking twice day and lanced it again today. No pus this time so I am worried about sepsis. I am a horse person and know sugarine can pull out a hoof abscess so I figured it is worth a try at this point. Not much info on how well it works on chickens though....
Can you help with any info or experience?
Thanks for replying!

Yes I have been treating awhile. I soaked w/ Epsom salts to draw out the infection and then removed the scab. I got a lot of pus & chunks but no kernel. Swelling went down for a few weeks and now is back again. She started limping. So again back to soaking twice day and lanced it again today. No pus this time so I am worried about sepsis. I am a horse person and know sugarine can pull out a hoof abscess so I figured it is worth a try at this point. Not much info on how well it works on chickens though....
Can you help with any info or experience?
Thanks for replying!
I have had success twice (only faced bumble foot twice) soaking in warm water, cutting around the edge of the sore and then gently but firmly squeezing out all puss and kernel/s. Then I pack it with triple antibiotic abs wrap with gauze and medical tape. Change the bandage and really triple antibiotic ever day or two until the wound closes close.

Back
Top Bottom