Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

I can't believe I go back to work a week from today,, wow, I haven't got a lot done but some. I've been focusing on trying to help raise money for Cindi Silver-Davis, I can't believe what that crappy bank Wells Fargo is doing and her insurance co.! I'll be pushing that as hard as possible, but I'll be hooking too!

Wow that thread isn't easy to find. I did manage to find a couple of the colors. They weren't exactly the colors I wanted, but I'll figure out something to do w/ them.

Mainegigi- sorry to hear of your son-in-law's cancer, particularly at such a young age. You all are in my heart and mind.

Writer-will you have a crochet club for the student's this year? I might have something to donate.

The prayer shawl is moving along. I didn't have enough of the second yarn, either, so decided to have various stripes and blocks with varying agreeable colors. I was working on it when Gracie the cat got onto my lap. When she got off, there was a cat hair in the yarn. I was going to remove it until I remembered my friend loves cats, so just worked it in.

Well here is one of the 6 inch blocks I'm working on. The center of the square isn't crocheted, but woven and embroidered.

Well here is one of the 6 inch blocks I'm working on. The center of the square isn't crocheted, but woven and embroidered.

Beautiful!!!
love.gif

Yes we have our crochet and quilting clubs planned, it will be our 4th year! I can't believe it's our 4th year, it started out with 7 students at lunch, and grew from easy crochet to quilting and crochet for charity and swaps and all kinds of things. Without the support of BYC sending us yarn and scraps that first year we wouldn't have made it.

Sunny~ Did you tell the Highway Patrol that you were chatting w/ your chicken crochet friends on a chicken forum?
gig.gif
You are a trooper! Thanks for the congrats on the chicks. They are super cute! I took all the babies from Flopsy Mopsy and gave them to Stella tonight. Flopsy was getting too crazy scratching around spilling food & water and getting all the chicks wet. Stella is a lot calmer, but I'm sure that might change.

Kate~ WOW!!! I can't believe you go back to work next week either. It seems just like yesterday you were waiting to be out of school for summer. That's so fantastic your kids club is going on 4th year.

Alethea~ I'm so sorry to hear about your friends cancer.
hugs.gif
I pray they get it all and that she has a speedy recovery. She is very lucky to have such a wonderful friend like you help take care of her.

Cathy~ Also so sorry to hear of your son-in-law's cancer as well.
hugs.gif

Kassaundra~ Very unique looking square. Love it!!!! If you can't find the yarn brand/colors that you want for the swap at your local stores, you can order most of them online from JoAnn's Fabric Store. Sometimes they even have specials on shipping. I think they have all colors online, but the Caron's Royale Sparkle. That one can be ordered from the Caron site.

DH & I were in class all day for over 81/2 hrs today learning about food handling safety. Back at it tomorrow at 8 am and we will take a test sometime after lunch tomorrow. I guess I should stop procrastinating and go study what we learned today.

Woo Hoo got the pattern completely designed all the bugs worked out for the 6X12 block. The prototype is not in the correct colors since I was putzing and redoing it a lot to get the pattern to come out the correct shape and size. Now if I will remember how to repeat it after I get the 6x6 finished
fl.gif
It is also on the different side, but this time all crochet.

Kassaundra-That is lovely. You are very creative. I've never seen anything like it.

Kate-I will send you some yarn. I'm pretty conservative in crocheting (so far) and was given some novelty yarns which I probably wouldn't use and which the students might find fun.

Smitty-Good question about the highway patrol. I giggle thinking of Sunny sitting in a hot car telling the officer that she just had to check in with her chicken crochet friends.

Back
Top Bottom