Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

Betty-Congratulations on your new doggie. I wish you many years of loving friendship together.

I finished the flowers for the hat. Unfortunately, they are too much for the delicicate little hat. I'll put one on as an accent, and the other six will go into storage for some future project. Have we ever had a flower swap?

Guys, I know it's really late to be dropping out. And I really really don't want to, but I have no choice :-( I ran out of yarn and Wal*Mart no longer carries that colour. I can't order it online and the closest craft stores are far away so I know I won't be getting to them before the deadline.
Also, I'm starting my last year of school tomorrow, so I won't have much time to crochet between school, chickens, archery practice, goats, etc.
I'm really sorry, I was going to try very hard to finish this time :-(

The photos are great. Love the dishcloths. I love the blocks also. I've never seen white peacocks before. They are so cute. Would like to have some but would have to build another pen.

Have news! I received a call a few days ago from a friend I used to work with. She said her neighbor had German Shepherd puppies for sale. The mom and dad were on site. My duahgter and I drove 2 hours to see them and I came home with a female that was born June 1. She is black and tan and already weighs 19lbs. I will post pix as soon as I find the time to take some. I named her Sadie and at this point she has one ear up and one down. She goes to the vets tomorrow to start her shots since the guy hadn't started them. So now I have 6 dogs in the house but the big ones are babying Sadie. Harley washes her ears. The big dogs took right to her and she to them. She doesn't act afraid of anything. She looks at my chickens and walks away. She never cried the first night and sleeps at the side of my bed. Yesterday she took her afternoon nap curled up with Nanook, my daughters Rhodesian Ridgeback. She even likes riding in the car and I have her already leash trained as far as walking with it and not fighting it. I have to hide shoes though and my crocheting. When we travel my daughter will care for her.
Betty~ That is fantastic news!!!
clap.gif
I'm so happy for you! She sounds like dream puppy. Oh she is going to be so spoiled!

Betty-Congratulations on your new doggie. I wish you many years of loving friendship together.

I finished the flowers for the hat. Unfortunately, they are too much for the delicicate little hat. I'll put one on as an accent, and the other six will go into storage for some future project. Have we ever had a flower swap?
I can't wait to see them. I don't think there has ever been a flower swap. We had a spring floral square swap once.

Would it help if one of us could send you your color? I understand about lack of time, but if you let me know what color I can probably send it to you. I wish I could put more hours in the day, but I haven't figured out how to do that yet. lol!
Guys, I know it's really late to be dropping out. And I really really don't want to, but I have no choice :-( I ran out of yarn and Wal*Mart no longer carries that colour. I can't order it online and the closest craft stores are far away so I know I won't be getting to them before the deadline.
Also, I'm starting my last year of school tomorrow, so I won't have much time to crochet between school, chickens, archery practice, goats, etc.

On no!!! I totally understand about time. Kate brought up an excellent idea about if we could send you some yarn. Let us know if that would help.

Leolanna- It would be a shame for you to have to drop out at this point. Here's a thought. I, too, am far from a yarn store and wondering how I will finish my second set. Would you want to combine a set? Yours & mine? I don't know off-hand how many I have, but maybe we can make it work. Since I'm a donor-only, it wouldn't affect the count. What do you think?

Leolanna- It would be a shame for you to have to drop out at this point. Here's a thought. I, too, am far from a yarn store and wondering how I will finish my second set. Would you want to combine a set? Yours & mine? I don't know off-hand how many I have, but maybe we can make it work. Since I'm a donor-only, it wouldn't affect the count. What do you think?

That might work... but I can't even do half a set. I only have 7 or 8 done.

Leolanna-That would work for me. If you have 7 or 8 done, I'll only need to make 12 or 13 instead of 20.

Okay. I also have some other yarn that isn't a colour on the list but it would match very nicely, so if it's okay with Sunny I could use that and try to make a whole set.

Back
Top Bottom