Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

I spent a lot of time there in 2003, 4, 5, and 6. That fire in Lassen is burning over part of the project I worked up there. There is talk of another project now, because even though the fire is devastating, it's uncovering more of the trail we worked for 2 years. I would love to be able to get together. I'm actually hoping over my Spring break to go up to N. CA,. WA, and OR to check out some school districts.
Betty-Happy anniversary.

Kate-I,too, love Mt. Shasta and lived here 17 and a half years. Now I'm a snowbird, Mt. Shasta in Summer and Berkeley in Winter.Now we are surrounded by wildfires (big one in Lassen) and the air is thick and fragrant and the sun is orange. If you'd like to get together next time you are here, let me know.

Sunny~ I hope you had a great weekend. I bet you couldn't keep your hands off your new sweet angel winged peachicks.

Betty~ So sorry to hear you lost a hen to the heat.
hugs.gif
The heat/drought has been so bad for so many areas. I'll keep your granddaughters safety in my prayers. Happy 20th Anniversary!!! I hope it was a great one!!!!

Kate~ Good for you for starting a walking club w/ the kids. In Jan I join a contest at my gym. They weighted us and took our beginning BMI and set up a meal plan according to our measurements. I did weight training 2 x's a week and some cardio. I didn't win, but super happy w/ my results. Been too busy since the spring to do weight training, but have managed to keep the weight off. Keep up the great work!!!

Lealonna~ That's fantastic you have 8 complete. Think of it as being almost half way done.
wink.png
BTW~ how are your goats doing?

Alethea~ Enjoy the rest of your stay at Mt Shasta.

Does anyone else have pics to share??? I haven't had any time to crochet. I did do a few stitches on DD's blanket, but no swap work. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I might have pictures soon. The flowers for the hat & scarf are finished but for the tails. My yarn needles are in Berkeley, so I might just pin them on & send pictures.

I might have pictures soon. The flowers for the hat & scarf are finished but for the tails. My yarn needles are in Berkeley, so I might just pin them on & send pictures.
YAY!!!
clap.gif
Well my DD gave me back my camera, but now the battery is dead and I can't find the charger. I'll take some pics as soon as I can get it charged.

Sunny~ I hope you had a great weekend. I bet you couldn't keep your hands off your new sweet angel winged peachicks.

Does anyone else have pics to share??? I haven't had any time to crochet. I did do a few stitches on DD's blanket, but no swap work. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

LOL Yep. They are very hard to resist. They don't like to be picked up at first but melt into you as soon as you stroke or scratch their necks and heads.

Just tried to post pics again with no success. Really missing that feature of BYC. :(

Last edited:
LOL Yep. They are very hard to resist. They don't like to be picked up at first but melt into you as soon as you stroke or scratch their necks and heads.

Just tried to post pics again with no success. Really missing that feature of BYC. :(
They sound adorable!!! I'm sorry you are still having issues posting pics. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I looked & looked for my charger tonight and couldn't find it. DD said she gave it back to me when she got back from camp and I can't think of what I did with it. It's not in the normal place.
roll.png

Fires are still active. The closest one to here, about 15 miles away, is out. There are plenty of others around, though, so it's still smokey. Thank you for the thoughts and prayers. There are many people, and even more animals, who are affected and can use all the merit we can offer.

Sunny- I hope you can send the pictures soon. I suspect you put the cable in a "safe" place. Those are the worst. You chicks sound very cute.

Kassaundra- I look forward to seeing your small squares. Your work is so pretty.

Back
Top Bottom