Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

Thanks, I really do want to try something fancier, but can't read the patterns.
I hear ya!!! I still have a difficult time reading patterns. I had to get a very kind associate that worked at Joann's to help walk me through the sunflower pattern when I wanted to learn it. I do better w/ hands on training. There are some wonderful youtube tutorials out there for patterns. I think I need to try to find one on the web to help me with the rectangle pattern.

The inner purple and white rows resemble tulips to me. Nice work.
Thank you!!! I guess some of the center does resemble tulips. I didn't even see it until you pointed it out. Cool!!! I'm trying to finish one set of the 6" squares before I try another 12'" and my brain isn't ready to try the rectangle again yet.
lol.png

I'll be on a semi-private retreat for a couple of days and out of internet range, so you won't hear from me.

You all are doing great work.

Love the tulips.

I, too, don't do well with patterns, but if Kassaundra has the same situation and can make the great things she does, I'm inspired to keep trying. Hands-on training works best for me, too.

Keep on hookin'.

Since I'm already on the list
wee.gif
Guess I better get busy!! I have never done a swap, so I am really looking forward to it!!!! My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 14. I'm not 14 anymore
wink.png
. My DH and I are having our 22nd wedding anniversary on the 3rd. I have 5 grandchildren with one due middle of next month. 2 boys, 3 girls and another little girl due:) WooHoo! Can't wait to get to know everyone here! Thanks Deb

Oops quotes aren't working for me again.

OK Betty I did change it but it was right after your post. Sorry my internet connection is still not fixed at home so I'm slow. I think the only error now is that Cathy is down for 3 sets instead of 2. But it won't let me edit the first post right now. I will try again tomorrow.

Welcome bama gal!!! I will correct the spelling of your screen name when BYC lets me edit again. We are so thrilled to have you!!!

I'll be on a semi-private retreat for a couple of days and out of internet range, so you won't hear from me.

You all are doing great work.

Love the tulips.

I, too, don't do well with patterns, but if Kassaundra has the same situation and can make the great things she does, I'm inspired to keep trying. Hands-on training works best for me, too.

Keep on hookin'.
Thank you Alethea!!!! The center of that square is using the popcorn stitch again, but using 4 dc instead of 3 dc like the sunflower pattern. I hope you have a great retreat.
smile.png

Since I'm already on the list
wee.gif
Guess I better get busy!! I have never done a swap, so I am really looking forward to it!!!! My grandmother taught me to crochet when I was about 14. I'm not 14 anymore
wink.png
. My DH and I are having our 22nd wedding anniversary on the 3rd. I have 5 grandchildren with one due middle of next month. 2 boys, 3 girls and another little girl due:) WooHoo! Can't wait to get to know everyone here! Thanks Deb
Welcome to the crochet swap!!!
clap.gif
YAY.... more participants!!! The swaps are sooooo much fun! Happy Anniversary coming up & congratulations on the new granddaughter due soon.

Oops quotes aren't working for me again.

OK Betty I did change it but it was right after your post. Sorry my internet connection is still not fixed at home so I'm slow. I think the only error now is that Cathy is down for 3 sets instead of 2. But it won't let me edit the first post right now. I will try again tomorrow.

Welcome bama gal!!! I will correct the spelling of your screen name when BYC lets me edit again. We are so thrilled to have you!!!
I don't know why, but sometimes they don't work for me either. Hang in there w/ the internet issues.
bow.gif
You are a fantastic hostess!!! You drive into town, sit in your car on the side of the road and even run up hill to get internet connection to chat with us. Hang in there! Don't worry about us....we'll be ok. Thanks again for doing all you do!
smile.png

Welcome bama gal. The more the merrier. I just came inside after looking at a lightning display to the east of us. Sure wish we'd get some rain out of it. The radar is showing it moving in this direction but I bet it dies out before it gets here. It's been hot and humid here today and it usually isn't humid here in the desert.

I'm using all different kinds of patterns since I downloaded a lot off the Internet and wanted to see how they made up. I look forward to seeing everyone elses blocks.

Back
Top Bottom