Summer 2012 Granny "Square" Swap (sign ups closed)

Good Morning Everyone! Been super busy and haven't been able to log on! Got some reading to do to catch up on everyone!:) Well, I now have a new granddaughter! Avery Grace made her debut on the 13th. (3 weeks early) 5lb. 13 oz, 18.5"long with a head full of dark brown?black hair! It's been a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG week. Daughter had HELLP syndrome. Delivery was SUPER scary but she is recovering nicely. They got out of the hospital on Thursday and went back in on Friday - baby's pku levels were climbing. Just got home last night and have fingers crossed that when we have her checked this morning that we dont' have to go back!

Hey do what you need to do. Sounds like between you and Alethea you two will work it out. I also have extra yarn if you want to go that route or if anyone else needs more yarn.

So is it okay if I use the yarn that isn't on the list? It's Vanna's Choice ~ Silver Blue. I think it will match with the other colours.
Alethea ~ If I use the other yarn to finish my set, will you be able to finish yours? If not, we can just combine and I won't finish my set.

Good Morning Everyone! Been super busy and haven't been able to log on! Got some reading to do to catch up on everyone!:) Well, I now have a new granddaughter! Avery Grace made her debut on the 13th. (3 weeks early) 5lb. 13 oz, 18.5"long with a head full of dark brown?black hair! It's been a LLLLLOOOOONNNNNGGGG week. Daughter had HELLP syndrome. Delivery was SUPER scary but she is recovering nicely. They got out of the hospital on Thursday and went back in on Friday - baby's pku levels were climbing. Just got home last night and have fingers crossed that when we have her checked this morning that we dont' have to go back!

Awww, congrats!!!
Praying everything will be okay!

bama gal-I am offering merit to you and your family. May you all be well and happy.

Leolanna-I don't know where I am and can't take stock until I get back to Berkeley on the 28th. I think that if you have the time and yarn to finish a set, I'd encourage you to do so. I'll make as many as I can and, if mine is incomplete, it will just be extras to be distributed as is good. I have one completed set of 6" squares, so everyone will get one of those. The second set is a mixture of 6" and 12" squares. I'll let you know on the 28th where I am with it. Maybe we'll combine, maybe we'll both come up with a set. Either way, I think everyone will be happy to get what we make.

Well, my blocks are ................................ shall we say .................................. looser, and squarish. lol Slightly on the hippy dippy side of life.
LOL. I am sure they will be just fine! My 12" squares have a bunch of threads and knots on the back sides. When I think of Alethea being worried about 1 little bump on the back side. Ugh! I hope you all are OK with one pretty side and one very wrong side!

Sunny~ Love love love your squares!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Kassaundra~ Can't wait to see your rectangles!
smile.png

I haven't crocheted on the swaps lately. We moved my DD into her college dorm on Thur afternoon. We were at the college for New Student Orientation all day on Fri and most the day today. The college does a great job on making the transition as smooth as possible for everyone. Tonight I've been working on DD's ever growing afghan.
Thanks Kim. Good to hear that DD got settled in OK.
thumbsup.gif

Here are some of the squares so far.

Beautiful!
Sunny & Kassaundra- Great squares and rectangles. Thank you for posting the pictures.
Thanks Alethea. :)
Wow! How exciting! Hoping both are doing well now!!!
fl.gif

So is it okay if I use the yarn that isn't on the list? It's Vanna's Choice ~ Silver Blue. I think it will match with the other colours.
Alethea ~ If I use the other yarn to finish my set, will you be able to finish yours? If not, we can just combine and I won't finish my set.
Since you can't get the other colors it's fine with me. I can't get the yarn site to come up to view the color though. My super weak connection just won't open it.

Last edited:

Okay, I'll finish with the Silver Blue then :D Hope I don't run out again... :p

Now, for some very VERY exciting chicken news! I have two broody hens sitting on eggs, and today when I went out to the coop I heard cheeping! Look what I found! :D

Back
Top Bottom