Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

She’s been eating the oyster shells for 3 days before the egg. And I feed her the Kalmbach 20% flock maker crumbles. And then she ate like 4-5 peas around 2 days before the brooder cleaning. She laid another egg I think yesterday and it’s normal shell thickness, but I don’t know if it’s thicker than the others since my dad took the other carton.
Has she been on a recent break from laying eggs ?
Sometimes with new layers or ones coming off a break. You may find 1-2 soft shells or thin
But it should correct itself
The way I know Dashers egg from all my others is I lightly tap the shells
Hers will break the rest are rock hard
If you continue to get soft shells or thin then there could be a problem
But 1-2 here and there should be just fine

Don't yall ever sleep? lol

NOPE! :lau

Actually, I kind of just got up... :oops: BF kept me up until 4 am. Since we're in different locations, the only time we get together is online, and we were watching shows together over the computer.

New Duck Mommy is in a further time zone, so she has a better reason! :p

NOPE! :lau

Actually, I kind of just got up... :oops: BF kept me up until 4 am. Since we're in different locations, the only time we get together is online, and we were watching shows together over the computer.

New Duck Mommy is in a further time zone, so she has a better reason! :p
I was playing Mario brothers with my son and his girlfriend:)

Before I get anymore ducks as I want to soooo bad I need to get my water situation assorted out. With that said time to prep for pigs. I got a pond dug for water almost finished till I blew a torque converter seal. They quoted us $67k for a well and right now it's trips to town getting 2500 gallons of water at a time 20,850 lbs of water. So what does pigs have to do with this debacle, they will be placed in the pond to waddle all they want to seal it up to hold water, take about 2 or 3 months so as they seal one up I will dig another. Come winter in the freezer they go unless I like them so much for future endeavors for more meat.

Do you guys think the ducklings are old enough to have a small swim yet? I know how to acclimate ducklings to swimming, I just don’t know if they’re old enough. They were hatched January 29 so they’re almost around 2 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom