Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
That pic is almost cruel lol
I’m so over winter and yet today it’s snowing yet again.

Will Smith Fainting GIF

Yes! The entrance area of the duck's non-winter home has a lower floor, and drains to the outside, the bedding is beyond that and stays much dryer and cleaner. it saves me having to change that bedding so much.
I did this with mine
Sure made things easier
I used small pet pen and made a wall with only one area in
I used a tarp under all of it so I would just clean up the tarp
Well I guess I know what I'll add to my design then! Gotta get drawing:yesss:

Hey so since we're all slaves to our ducks here, I was wondering. Have any of you tried making a duck coop with a separate "wet room"? I just did that sort of thing with the brooder for my growing ducklings, and it's been a hit. Less cleaning in the main area, easy access to the wet room etc.
I'll be building a new improved coop for the gremlins, so I'm still designing.
Any idea if that'd make sense long term?

Here's a picture of the brooder for reference:

View attachment 3444995
Love this idea.

But it is Alberta... You could have green in a week (and white again after :rolleyes:)

Try to hang in there... :hugs

Could be worst... In Manitoba winter is followed by mosquito season...

Yall are killing me, I don't know how you manage to do it. I would have gone completely insane if it wasn't as sunny as it is right now. Just to give you some perspective, I was cursing up and down that we had snow for two-ish weeks back in February

Yall are killing me, I don't know how you manage to do it. I would have gone completely insane if it wasn't as sunny as it is right now. Just to give you some perspective, I was cursing up and down that we had snow for two-ish weeks back in February
Resilience is a defining characteristic of being Canadian... Quiet... Calm ... Resilient... Hot heads die in blizzards thinking if they get angry enough the sky will begin to care and fall into line.

Stay calm... Keep a good pantry... Try to have a backup source of heat in case the first source fails.

Resilience is a defining characteristic of being Canadian... Quiet... Calm ... Resilient... Hot heads die in blizzards thinking if they get angry enough the sky will begin to care and fall into line.

Stay calm... Keep a good pantry... Try to have a backup source of heat in case the first source fails.
All good tips.
I grew up in upstate NY, only a few hours from the Canada border. Since it was something we always had, I didn't even consider what a winter would be like without freezing cold and lots of snow. 🤷‍♀️ it's been nice to have lived in two other states at this point that have a much more mild winter.
Sure makes taking care of the animals easier.

All good tips.
I grew up in upstate NY, only a few hours from the Canada border. Since it was something we always had, I didn't even consider what a winter would be like without freezing cold and lots of snow. 🤷‍♀️ it's been nice to have lived in two other states at this point that have a much more mild winter.
Sure makes taking care of the animals easier.
But there are good sides too ... Everything stops (bugs, fungi, molds) and nature takes a nap... Things start again after a time. It is more planning but the seasons keep you conscious of the passage of time.

Back
Top Bottom