Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
Resilience is a defining characteristic of being Canadian... Quiet... Calm ... Resilient... Hot heads die in blizzards thinking if they get angry enough the sky will begin to care and fall into line.

Stay calm... Keep a good pantry... Try to have a backup source of heat in case the first source fails.

Omg this would be my nightmare
out of here lol GIF

But there are good sides too ... Everything stops (bugs, fungi, molds) and nature takes a nap... Things start again after a time. It is more planning but the seasons keep you conscious of the passage of time.
Yes! Definitely upsides. There are far more bugs in the warmer states. Nice for the ducks, not nice for me

Yes! Definitely upsides. There are far more bugs in the warmer states. Nice for the ducks, not nice for me

OK that I get. BUTttttt, I did find a solution last year (not to brag or anything😌) down where the coops are its mosquitoe central. Last year with the aseel chicks, I'd notice that they'd bite the mosquitoes that had landed on my legs. Sooo, in all my genius, I picked up one of the chicks, and wherever I saw a mosquitoe on my body I'd let it peck it. Proud to announce the less mosquitoe bites came from when I was at the coops

Your babies are under lockdown for the flu? We don't have that. I am pretty far from a city anyway, and mine are under a weather related lockdown .

View attachment 3444998
Yup, it's lockdown in the UK
I personally dont think its necessary, bird flu is always going to be a threat. But at the same time I get that its meant to be a higher risk with this strain or whatever- for the past few months it's been getting super close, so I'm sticking with the lockdown.
Sure hope the main threat has passed by summer, I have plans to have picnics with the girls in the garden!

Well I guess I know what I'll add to my design then! Gotta get drawing:yesss:
If you can... Find a way to have two entrances so you can "shut down" the swimming pool if needed and they still get in and out.

Also, an outside access to the wet room for you to clean without having to go through the dry area.

If you can empty the water by pulling out a stopper or turning a valve that would make cleaning easier.

I recycle materials where possible and if you do too, try finding a used laundry sink or tub you can bury or encase... They have washable surfaces and drains. You can connect the bottom drain out with a bit of pipe and help direct the water out.

OK that I get. BUTttttt, I did find a solution last year (not to brag or anything😌) down where the coops are its mosquitoe central. Last year with the aseel chicks, I'd notice that they'd bite the mosquitoes that had landed on my legs. Sooo, in all my genius, I picked up one of the chicks, and wherever I saw a mosquitoe on my body I'd let it peck it. Proud to announce the less mosquitoe bites came from when I was at the coops
Yeah we have far fewer bug-related viruses too...

Also, weren't you saying Greeks are hot headed and prone to street arguments? Try screaming at your neighbors when you are outside in a snowbank at -40 and he is in his house all toasty and warm. By the time you get to his door you'll have forgotten why you were angry, he'll see you out there frozen and take you inside to warm up and put some soup in you.

We need each other, so we aren't so prone to keeping grudges.

Back
Top Bottom