Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
Same here😅
Sooo... somehow the "peer pressure" worked😅

Meet little Whilburga!

I wasn't planning on having ducks this morning, but we swung by the store to buy some food and there were ducklings! Even after seeing their cute fluffy butts, I still had no plans on ducks... until I saw this lil one in the corner with a dirty head, unable to walk properly and an arched neck. Long story short, I now have a baby Pekin duck. Any tips??😅

I've started her on niacin, gave her a bath to clean up that head (stuff on her head was rock hard- poor baby couldn't close her eyes!) She is currently sleeping on my lap just being super cute lol

Attachments

• 20230326_145507.jpg
    20230326_145507.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 2
such smart eyes they have! Funny, as 'identical' as they are, you can already see differences in their faces, they already have individual features.

beautiful babies you have!

have you done a bum-check to see boys & girls?

I am too much of a woose... I haven't checked the bums of my 3 little babies. The mom already doesn't trust me when I cuddle them, if I start flipping them upside down and playing with their privates she is calling social services on me.

Meet little Whilburga!

I wasn't planning on having ducks this morning, but we swung by the store to buy some food and there were ducklings! Even after seeing their cute fluffy butts, I still had no plans on ducks... until I saw this lil one in the corner with a dirty head, unable to walk properly and an arched neck. Long story short, I now have a baby Pekin duck. Any tips??😅

I've started her on niacin, gave her a bath to clean up that head (stuff on her head was rock hard- poor baby couldn't close her eyes!) She is currently sleeping on my lap just being super cute lol
I'm glad you took her in!
Bless her little heart :love

Meet little Whilburga!

oh my... you took in the baby who needed you most... that will be a friend for life.

I have read that all the issues are related to poor nutrition, specifically low proteins. You might want to put vitamins in the water. I'll try to find the thread that seemed to have more science and less anecdotes on this... you might check in with the expert duck-moms, like @Miss Lydia

Meet little Whilburga!

What a sweetie. You only got one?

What a sweetie. You only got one?
to Isadora: now stop that!

to Isadora: she has a special needs baby!

to Isadora: she will get to the duck-math bit on her own... poor dear... she thinks she can be happy with just one... so sweet to be young and naive...

to Clonefly: keep to one as long as the poor dear needs a lot of care... don't let them talk you into anything...

to Isadora: she doesn't stand a chance... duck math is much worst than chicken math

now stop that!

she has a special needs baby!

she will get to the duck-math bit on her own... poor dear... she thinks she can be happy with just one... so sweet to be young and naive...

keep to one as long as the poor dear needs a lot of care...
But but but.... duckies need friends.... 😝

such smart eyes they have! Funny, as 'identical' as they are, you can already see differences in their faces, they already have individual features.
It's so true. We'll see if that continues to be true once they start feathering out.
beautiful babies you have!
Thanks. They're oh so cute and growing so fast. Won't be babies for long.
have you done a bum-check to see boys & girls?
I haven't!

Back
Top Bottom