Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
I'll elaborate since I love talking about them, lol

So Sprightly developed this behaviour as a teenager, she would call me over and then make this sad squeak, and dip her head down really low
I quickly learned that this motion meant she wanted something. And I'd ask "want? Want what?" She learned this and would take me to the thing she wanted, and repeat the motion. If the food bowl was empty, she'd dip her beak towards the bowl. If it was the egg box (sigh.) She'd take me to it and dip her head towards it.

Very clever. She can also simply tell me she is hungry by making a low slow chuckling sound, its very distinct. Always only when hungry or looking for food.

There are MANY more examples of this. They can also ask for help and answer yes when it's offered.
I'm not crazy I promise.

I'm not crazy I promise.
Even if you were, you are happy, and fulfilling the only valid mission for any human to fulfil... You are caring for something, (or someone) outside of yourself, increasing the love in the world and decreasing the suffering...

We are all (not just those here) crazy in our own way, but being kind and tender towards something helpless is beautiful.

I completely believe she is speaking to you. That little head point thing is something my girl does when communicating with her drake. It clearly means something... You've learned to understand it!

Even if you were, you are happy, and fulfilling the only valid mission for any human to fulfil... You are caring for something, (or someone) outside of yourself, increasing the love in the world and decreasing the suffering...
Thank you, true words!

I completely believe she is speaking to you. That little head point thing is something my girl does when communicating with her drake. It clearly means something... You've learned to understand it!
that's really cool!! I've never seen her do this particular thing with Dougie, it's pretty exclusively towards me, when she's can't get to something she wants. I wonder what it means when other ducks do it!
I think perhaps she's learned how to talk to me, just as much as I've learned to interpret!

Thank you, true words!

that's really cool!! I've never seen her do this particular thing with Dougie, it's pretty exclusively towards me, when she's can't get to something she wants. I wonder what it means when other ducks do it!
I think perhaps she's learned how to talk to me, just as much as I've learned to interpret!
My girls do this to the boys as well. Usually to get them to follow them where they want ti go
Also if another boy is coming they do it telling him you better stand up and stop him
I have learned to understand them as well

I wonder what it means when other ducks do it!
It occurs when she is extra extra happy. Like when they have been apart and are reunited. She is wagging her bum super fast and then does the pointing while making a cooing sound.

It seems to mean something along the lines of "I am delighted to see you, I love you and I am so relieved you are here"

It is her most tender sign of affection

Back
Top Bottom