Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
I have them but I just keep a mop and bucket ready and rolls of paper towel and gloves
I have a bag of ripped up old clothes (rags), I use them to wash up, let them dry, shake off what can be loosened and then make a load of laundry when I have enough of them. Cheaper than paper towels ;)

I go through enough of those rags it would cost a fortune!

And if it is just "too dirty" I toss them into the garbage, no harm.

I have a bag of ripped up old clothes (rags), I use them to wash up, let them dry, shake off what can be loosened and then make a load of laundry when I have enough of them. Cheaper than paper towels ;)

I go through enough of those rags it would cost a fortune!

And if it is just "too dirty" I toss them into the garbage, no harm.
That’s a great idea
I could cut up some old shirts and use then

@New duck mommy 2021 you are a LIFESAVER
I can't begin to thank you. My girls feet are fine but in the situation where I need to treat them, you have saved me so much stress!
It worked!!
No more kicky feets!

She did yell at me after she was free, but that's all!
I used my harder one so you could see it’s not to bad
My easy ones never slap me around with their wings 😂
Dasher has got meds from me so often I don’t even have to hold her beak now she just chews the syringe till I’m done 😆 I

Do we already know their gender based on their color? They seem very different already
No, they are just two different varieties. The black one is called “Grey” in call ducks, equivalent coloring to mallards. The lighter one is Blue Fawn, which is grey with one copy of the blue gene. It takes a few weeks to be sure of gender.

May have taken a few wings flapping to the head but I’m okay 😆
My goose got me once with her big ole wing flap. Bent my glasses up really good. It was so funny when explaining it to the guy who was straightening them out for me.
I don’t think I’ve ever been flapped by a goose, but I had a turkey smack me across the face once and it hurt! She was roosting about as high as my head. I wanted her inside, so when I tried to grab both wings, I missed one and she whopped me good. I’d say a goose whopping would be about the same. :lol:

I'm an adult so it's been my responsibility and my business, really. But living at home currently, I've been careful that my girls don't step on their feet. Lol
My love, if an adult child spends her attention on caring for her ducklings (now ducks), imagine how wonderful that is to her parents instead of having to worry you are destroying your health with other things. I lost both my (older) sisters to drugs, and I wish I had lost them to ducks instead. The addiction to giving care and Love, that is worthy of giving your life.

Your parents may not know how lucky they are, but I am delighted to see you, and witness your capacity for love.

Keep your loves... They are so much trouble they will keep you out of bigger trouble

My love, if an adult child spends her attention on caring for her ducklings (now ducks), imagine how wonderful that is to her parents instead of having to worry you are destroying your health with other things. I lost both my (older) sisters to drugs, and I wish I had lost them to ducks instead. The addiction to giving care and Love, that is worthy of giving your life.

Your parents may not know how lucky they are, but I am delighted to see you, and witness your capacity for love.

Keep your loves... They are so much trouble they will keep you out of bigger trouble
Sorry to hear about your siblings
Way to many good souls get lost to drugs

Back
Top Bottom