Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Pics
How do you guys count "_ days until"? Do you count the day it is and the day whatever happens? Also is the date for shipped ducklings the hatched date? And wouldn't that mean they'd come either the next day or the day after?

I thought they were shipped the next day, but when I hatched babies I saw how much smaller they were, so they must have been a few days old when we picked them up. (we order online and they advise us of the day to go get them at the feed store).

Also, they seem not to be all born on the same day. I had two who were always a day or two apart in their development.

My new fav hobby is taking photos of my pets at terrible angles.
I feel like I can get my ducks back for all their abuse, but today I got a perfect opportunity with my dog!
This is what I mean, my fav of Dougie: View attachment 3441247and my dog:View attachment 3441248
Her face 🤣🤣🤣 the double chin and everything

Geez, I’m way behind, I’ll catch up tomorrow but had to post this recent pic of one of my cats - Dyson :lau
5E9B2E32-8D2F-401B-A87A-30676D2F29FC.jpeg

I thought they were shipped the next day, but when I hatched babies I saw how much smaller they were, so they must have been a few days old when we picked them up. (we order online and they advise us of the day to go get them at the feed store).

Also, they seem not to be all born on the same day. I had two who were always a day or two apart in their development.
At least for Metzer, they let you pick their hatch date, and I compared my hatch date with the day they told me they shipped and it was the same.

Went to TSC today, I swear I wanted to buy out the whole store- ThEY ACtuAlLY hAd dUckLinGs. They looked like day olds, and I was just in there by myself, yknow? Nobody would know until I got home and the dictatorship begun!

Alas, I didn't. I know in the long run that would make things complicated because I will have ducklings (hopefully):fl in 22 days...plus my current ducks would teach them their dictator
Hold this next batch none stop so you get really cuddly dictators
Always makes it that much better 😂

Hi my fellow abused friends
I had to laugh last night as the eggs I’m incubating are already messing with me
Day 21 yesterday and the last few times I turned eggs I would swear I put the eggs a certain way but come back and a few eggs had moved
No way they are to early for this I must be half asleep when placing them
So I took a picture of how I left them and when I came back hours later to turn them 2 eggs were not where I left them
These little dictators were already making me think I’m going crazy 😂
While I was weighing each egg and marking new air cell line I did catch the one wiggling a little. But I had an egg and candler in my hand so I couldn’t get it on video
Ignore the reader in there I had the lid off to cool them down

Attachments

• D264549F-82AC-4BF6-A7A6-8A94A284EEE7.jpeg
    D264549F-82AC-4BF6-A7A6-8A94A284EEE7.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 1
  • B636F89A-9048-44A6-9494-143A38E865D1.jpeg
    B636F89A-9048-44A6-9494-143A38E865D1.jpeg
    643.3 KB · Views: 1
Hi my fellow abused friends
I had to laugh last night as the eggs I’m incubating are already messing with me
Day 21 yesterday and the last few times I turned eggs I would swear I put the eggs a certain way but come back and a few eggs had moved
No way they are to early for this I must be half asleep when placing them
So I took a picture of how I left them and when I came back hours later to turn them 2 eggs were not where I left them
These little dictators were already making me think I’m going crazy 😂
While I was weighing each egg and marking new air cell line I did catch the one wiggling a little. But I had an egg and candler in my hand so I couldn’t get it on video
Ignore the reader in there I had the lid off to cool them down
BABIES !!!!!! (biggest grin ever)

Back
Top Bottom