Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

I still don't know how ducks manage to appear as such clean angels. Every single time I cuddle my seemingly clean Kimmy, I end up with poop and dirt on me, sometimes grass 🤦🏻‍♀️
Whenever she comes inside the house, she takes a bath in the tub for this reason.
It's all worth it in the end.
View attachment 3451233
(My boyfriend with Kimmy on his shoulder)
Amazing 😂. That looks just like my mallard, same size, shade, everything (except mine's domestic) Whats it like taking care of a wild one?

We have 2 more this morning
And 4 left that are getting close to hatch
I did loose one and it’s my fault
I misjudged the bruise being right along the air cell line and the shadowing made me think baby had got in
But it didn’t and I didn’t make the safety hole In the bruise
Baby was almost absorbed and just lost air :(
Beautiful blue Swedish by the looks of it
Here are the two newly hatched ones
Sorry about your little guy, it happens :hugs. Thats awesome you got 2 more, though!

All but one have actually eaten from the food bowl they just stand on it to get the food under the grate :th. Based on sun and windiness I’ll be taking the inside pictures at 9, and the outside pictures at 11. Why do they only want to eat fallen food?
View attachment 3451258
Isn't it obvious? Its because they'll starve if they don't find every last crumble! 😂:rolleyes:

My husband has 2 eggs still in the incubator but he said they're not active. Looks like 10 will be the final account for this hatch.

Aww 10 fluffy dictators🥹 and they'll soon double once get the other runners
Youtube Evil Smile GIF by Best.Cover.Ever

And now my dad is threatening to kill the ducklings when he comes back if I don’t do my “dog day” today that I thought I wouldn’t have anymore. APPARENTLY it’s still going to be the same with my brother doing a bad job with the dogs every fourth day, my sister doing okay with the dogs every fourth day, my other sister doing a bad job with the chicks everyday (kind of, sometimes she refuses) and doing a bad job with the dogs every fourth day, and me doing the dogs correctly every fourth day, and not yelling at them, and doing the ducklings well every day, and I think also doing the chicks everyday. I thought we agreed to my sister and brother swapping days with the dogs, my sister doing the chicks, and me doing the ducklings, at the feed store when we got the new chicks.
You mean you thought you'd end up switching dog day for duck day? Maybe it was just a misunderstanding and he didn't realize what you meant.

Back
Top Bottom